Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Margarito being weight drained was the reason Capetillo tried to cheat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could have easily gotten away with it in the past because he would have gotten away with it vs Mosley, if it wasn't for Naazim spotting it. The person the commisioner had present didn't see **** the same way all the others in his previous fight could have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkivory View Post
      And casually he had a set of plaster to insert in the wraps inside his bag, or he just prepared them right there and then?
      Capetillo was well aware of Margarito's condition every single day before the fight. He was definitely prepared to do this. When I said panicked I didn't mean literally while he was wrapping his fighter's hands.
      Last edited by Scott9945; 10-27-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Are you kidding? There is absolutely no excuse or extenuating circumstances which would excuse him cheating.. Of course he's going to make an excuse for getting KTFO'd..... weight drained? LOL. Mosley would beat the crap out of him any day of week.. style makes fights. If Margarito wasn't prepared, that's absolutely his fault and his camp's fault, but please do not try and discredit Mosley's win or try and legitimize his fight with Pacquiao because its still a disgrace. Capetillo tried to cheat? They both tried to cheat.. Did you see Pac and Roach's reaction on 24/7, they gain much more credible perspective which is why they said Margarito knew. And yes you ARE defending Margarito.. it's pretty blatant through your wording and excuses like he was 'desperate' - not like it matters.
        Last edited by Phil Ivey; 10-27-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
          Are you kidding? There is absolutely no excuse or extenuating circumstances which would excuse him cheating.. Of course he's going to make an excuse for getting KTFO'd..... weight drained? LOL. Mosley would beat the crap out of him any day of week.. style makes fights. If Margarito wasn't prepared, that's absolutely his fault and his camp's fault, but please do not try and discredit Mosley's win or try and legitimize his fight with Pacquiao because its still a disgrace. Capetillo tried to cheat? They both tried to cheat.. Did you see Pac and Roach's reaction on 24/7, they gain much more credible perspective which is why they said Margarito knew. And yes you ARE defending Margarito.. it's pretty blatant through your wording and excuses like he was 'desperate' - not like it matters.
          They should just pretend his name is Shane Morales and accept that ass whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
            They should just pretend his name is Shane Morales and accept that ass whipping.
            No one has even really mentioned Mosley or tried to take away from his performance. Its just people debating the wraps issue. Enough with the butthurt race stuff

Comment

When did I say that I wasn't defending Margarito? It seems obvious enough. I gave my viewpoint on how I think it went down. Pacquiao and Roach gave theirs. They have a lot more insight and credibility than I do, but I'm still not convinced. Nobody discredited Mosley. Go ahead and hate whoever you want.

Comment

It wasn't directed at you but TS.. but ok. By saying Margarito was distracted, weight drained etc IS an indirect discredit or at least lessens the quality of Mosley's win.. much like people saying Mosley is over the hill and old against Mayweather.
                Last edited by Phil Ivey; 10-27-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

It wasn't directed at you but TS.. but ok. By saying Margarito was distracted, weight drained etc IS an indirect discredit or at least lessens the quality of Mosley's win.. much like people saying Mosley is over the hill and old against Mayweather.
                  I'd like to ask you something. It's a given that Shane performed brilliantly that night. He had the right strategy and his timing was razor sharp. But assuming you've seen Margarito before, do you really think he was anywhere near his best that night? There were reports that his training was crap, and in the ring his reflexes were sluggish. To me it was a case of one guy having his best fight (and an ideal style matchup) and the other one having a bad night. That's why what should have been a close fight turned out to be a total ass kicking.

Comment

Working...
                  X