No announcement yet.

boytsov hasn't earned his high ranking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
    Boytsov's promoters are choosing the path of least resistance to a hw title shot which will do him a disservice when he gets in with someone decent...
    my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      No humor,

I think he has the best chance out of all the other HWs to beat the Klitshcko brothers. I didn't say he will beat him but I give him the best chance out of everybody else.

I would like to see him fight Haye and then the winner fight the winner of Arreola-Adamek...

And, then whoever left standing and pick whichever Klitshcko they want to fight.
      i think you're severely underating the abilities and talents of the klitschko brothers. boytsov doesnt have the experience to deal with someone like klitschko, he hasnt shown us what he can do against elite fighters because he's been fighting cans. the disparity in talent and resume is huge. you dont just go from little league and jump in with the big players. at the rate that boytsov is going at if he were to step with wlad in the ring tomorow he would get ktfo under 4 rounds.

you either overating boytsov, or underating the klitschkos. im not even sure boytsov will make it to a title shot if he keeps up the **** he's doing now.

again i repeat he had 27 fights now, when enough is enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
        i think you're severely underating the abilities and talents of the klitschko brothers. boytsov doesnt have the experience to deal with someone like klitschko, he hasnt shown us what he can do against elite fighters because he's been fighting cans. the disparity in talent and resume is huge. you dont just go from little league and jump in with the big players. at the rate that boytsov is going at if he were to step with wlad in the ring tomorow he would get ktfo under 4 rounds.

you either overating boytsov, or underating the klitschkos. im not even sure boytsov will make it to a title shot if he keeps up the **** he's doing now.

again i repeat he had 27 fights now, when enough is enough?
        How am I underrating the Klitschko brothers when I NEVER SAID that he will beat them?

I SAID out of all the HWs out there, I give Boytsov the best chance in the beating the Klitshcko brothers.

Not that he would do it, but has the best chance in accomplishing it. More so than Haye, Adamek, and all the other HW contenders.

Comment

How am I underrating the Klitschko brothers when I NEVER SAID that he will beat them?

I SAID out of all the HWs out there, I give Boytsov the best chance in the beating the Klitshcko brothers.

Not that he would do it, but has the best chance in accomplishing it. More so than Haye, Adamek, and all the other HW contenders.
          Based on what? Who's he fought that made you come to that conclusion?

Comment

im sorry, but i dont see how anyone could give someone a chance when their accomplishments dont warrant it.

boytsov may look like the second coming of mike tyson against the likes of bidenko, gavern and the rest of the journeymen but for all we know he would fold against someone as proven as peter or arreola. arreola is doing a good service to himself but wanting to make big fights and advancing. peter's resume currently ****s on boytsov eventhough he got beat by both brothers.

so i dont see how boytsov is the guy with the best chance right now.

Comment

you all make very good points & I agree with all of you except that kid whoever dude...I don't know where he gets these dilusional "I hate Europe accusations"whatever...good points by all.

Comment

I Agree in general. It is time to step up and fight a top 10 guy. Just some backround that some might not know though.

He's only 24. He's been around for quite a while but most don't realize how young he still is. He turned pro right at 18 fighting HW while only weighing 200lbs.

He also had spine and heart problems as a kid and i believe he actually stopped boxing for a while due to that. Fortunatly all that seems to be behind him now and he's healthy.

Sdunek trains both him and Vitali so i think they might not want the 2 facing eachother. Perhaps that's why they didn't make a push towards the top of the division the last year or two.

Everything i'v read has stated that 2010 is the year they'll push for a title and step up compitition and it's definitely time imo. I don't see Haye wanting to fight him voluntarily and don't think he'll want to fight Vitali.

Getting into position to be Haye's manditory is his best bet, if not then perhaps Volodymyr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  I Agree in general. It is time to step up and fight a top 10 guy. Just some backround that some might not know though.

He's only 24. He's been around for quite a while but most don't realize how young he still is. He turned pro right at 18 fighting HW while only weighing 200lbs.

He also had spine and heart problems as a kid and i believe he actually stopped boxing for a while due to that. Fortunatly all that seems to be behind him now and he's healthy.

Sdunek trains both him and Vitali so i think they might not want the 2 facing eachother. Perhaps that's why they didn't make a push towards the top of the division the last year or two.

Everything i'v read has stated that 2010 is the year they'll push for a title and step up compitition and it's definitely time imo. I don't see Haye wanting to fight him voluntarily and don't think he'll want to fight Vitali.

Getting into position to be Haye's manditory is his best bet, if not then perhaps Volodymyr.
                  he needs some seasoning still & has youth on his side but he should fight a couple top 20-30 guys first & see how he does...thanks didn't know about the health issues.that could have contributed to his slower progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
                    Why do you hate and discredit Eastern European boxers, Joe?

Did a Russian steal your girlfriend or something like that?
                    Well Joe does have a point about Boytsov, he might be capable of handling himself against better comp but has yet to do so and as such should not be highly rated at this point.

Comment

atlas shouldve looked to train boytsov, not povetkin. povetkin doesn't have the physical tools to pull off some of the stuff atlas is trying to get him to use (like pivoting and advanced upper-body movement).

anyways, i agree with jrosales and my opinion is based on his skill set, ring disposition and physical tools.

Comment

Working...
                      X