Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 183 - The return of Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santos, Alcantara, Brandao, Natal, McCall, Brunson, Tate, Alves, Boetsch, Lauzon, Woodley and Silva to win.

Silva will demolish Diaz. What can Diaz do to even trouble Silva? Silva is better everywhere, he doesn't throw enough to get gassed, hes very cerebral and efficient with his striking. I think he'll utilise more of his Boxing in this fight because of the leg injury because usually i'd see him leg kick Diaz to death. He still has his vicious knees though to be fair, I just don't see him using the low kick/leg kick weapon much anymore.

Comment

They both wanted to box Jones, would be cool if they just went toe to toe atleast just the 1st round, I wonder who would win in a boxing match?

Comment

I don't think Diaz has much of a chance unless Silva is finished. I like Diaz but it just seems like a real bad matchup for him.

Comment

I think we might see a Thai Clinch clinic. Either way I think Diaz is taking a beating, his face will definitely be a mess afterwards. I really don't think Silva is that shot at this point.

Comment

I think the fact that he was beaten by a checked leg kick is gonna eat away at Anderson's psyche and leave him wide open for Diaz's relentless boxing upstairs. Leg kicks are a big part of Anderson's game and the fact he was put on the shelf by having one checked I gotta think most fighters wouldn't be throwing it out there as often.

Comment

Silva is over course a good counter puncher however usually they are on heavy strike attempts not the pitty pat jabs Diaz sets up with to get in position to throw the heavier punches. I just don't think Silva has dealt with an offensive game plan that Diaz usually comes in with. If Diaz brings his A game he'd give even a prime Silva problems it just depends who shows up. The way he sets things up is different from almost anyone else in MMA and at his best would give any fighter a run for their money. On the flip side Anderson has much heavier hands and if he works inside and is able to clinch he's gonna make quick work of Diaz. Guess it depends who's game plan is better and how one counters the other. I think Diaz has better BJJ but who knows if Silva's strength advantage would negate that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
                I think the fact that he was beaten by a checked leg kick is gonna eat away at Anderson's psyche and leave him wide open for Diaz's relentless boxing upstairs. Leg kicks are a big part of Anderson's game and the fact he was put on the shelf by having one checked I gotta think most fighters wouldn't be throwing it out there as often.
                Leg kicks were never a big part of Anderson's game at all. It's only when he noticed Weidman was open to them in the first fight is when he started using them more, and he still neglected them in that fight(and then over-used them in the rematch).

Anderson in the later years was all about counter punching, knees, elbows and occasionally head kicks. He doesn't need leg kicks whatsoever especially against Diaz. The only way he loses this standing is if he is extremely shot and less than half of what he was.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
                  Silva is over course a good counter puncher however usually they are on heavy strike attempts not the pitty pat jabs Diaz sets up with to get in position to throw the heavier punches. I just don't think Silva has dealt with an offensive game plan that Diaz usually comes in with. If Diaz brings his A game he'd give even a prime Silva problems it just depends who shows up. The way he sets things up is different from almost anyone else in MMA and at his best would give any fighter a run for their money. On the flip side Anderson has much heavier hands and if he works inside and is able to clinch he's gonna make quick work of Diaz. Guess it depends who's game plan is better and how one counters the other. I think Diaz has better BJJ but who knows if Silva's strength advantage would negate that.
                  Lol no offense bt I think you are dead wrong..

Prime anderson kills diaz.. hell I think this version probably will despite a long layoff and 2bad ass kickings he has had. Anderson can beat him from range.. and if diaz closes like be did vs Penn.. he will get killed in the clinch...

Bigger.. stronger and vastly more skilled.. unless anderson is completely done he takes it.. remember diaz has been out ages too.. I honestly believe nick just wants to get paid

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    Leg kicks were never a big part of Anderson's game at all. It's only when he noticed Weidman was open to them in the first fight is when he started using them more, and he still neglected them in that fight(and then over-used them in the rematch).

Anderson in the later years was all about counter punching, knees, elbows and occasionally head kicks. He doesn't need leg kicks whatsoever especially against Diaz. The only way he loses this standing is if he is extremely shot and less than half of what he was.
                    Yep Weidman completely schooled anderson standing.. he kept range and anderson started using and land a few leg kicks.. which Weidman hadnt prepped for in the first fight.

Anyway anderson doesnt need leg kicks to.beat nick as you said

Comment

Diaz would have a shot if he could cut off the ring but he showed in the Condit fight he doesn't. Anderson would stand in front of him and Diaz is gonna get lit up.

Comment

Working...
                      X