No announcement yet.

Froch can beat Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch can beat Kovalev

That's my opinion, Froch is quicker, has a better jab, hits damn hard and might have a better chin. It would be a great fight either way and I think Froch should go in confident, this is a chance for him to solidify his legacy as one of the best this generation

Hopkins said in the post-fight conference that he felt like a middleweight fighting a cruiserweight.

I don't think Froch has any business at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      That's my opinion, Froch is quicker, has a better jab, hits damn hard and might have a better chin. It would be a great fight either way and I think Froch should go in confident, this is a chance for him to solidify his legacy as one of the best this generation
      Beat KOvalev with a bat? Froch should stick to fighting at 168. Sergey is 190lbs on fight night. NO way in hell Froch takes those shots flush and keeps going for 12 rounds. He wouldn't be able to catch him anyway, Sergey is too rangey.

Comment

it is really strange to me that hopkins looked so much smaller in the fight next to Sergei. The tale of the tape had Bernard the bigger man!!!

Comment

Froch has always stated that he makes 168lbs very easily. I think that's his optimum weight. It'd be a nice fight but I doubt it happens.

Comment

i like carl froch too damn ****in much but he struggled vs groves on their first fight

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Beat KOvalev with a bat? Froch should stick to fighting at 168. Sergey is 190lbs on fight night. NO way in hell Froch takes those shots flush and keeps going for 12 rounds. He wouldn't be able to catch him anyway, Sergey is too rangey.
              Froch can be a canny boxer at times but your forgetting he possesses real power himself and we've seen Kov can be hurt by a mediocre powered 50 year old. Can Kov hurt Froch? No doubt but Froch can most likely come back.

imo 60-40 in Froch's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                i like carl froch too damn ****in much but he struggled vs groves on their first fight
                I think it's plain to everyone now that he didn't take Groves seriously enough the first time. We all saw what happened in the rematch. He'd damn sure take Kovalev seriously if that fight ever happened.

Not to mention, Groves and Kovalev have different styles

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Froch has always stated that he makes 168lbs very easily. I think that's his optimum weight. It'd be a nice fight but I doubt it happens.
                  yeah, which means he can put on the extra pounds of muscles, the guy trains well, having said that, recently he looks to have gotten very complacent and looked fat last time I saw him.

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                  yeah, Groves fought a brilliant fight but Froch said he took him very lightly, something I thought was an invalid excuse but the rematch showed us all.

Comment

Froch isnt quicker and he doesnt have a better jab. Kovalev hits much harder, quicker on the feet, quicker hand speed, and better boxing ability. Froch would get his head caved in.

Comment

Working...
                    X