No announcement yet.

HBO ratings flop for Ortiz-Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO ratings flop for Ortiz-Thompson

Word has it that this event averaged less than 800k viewers for the entire 2 hours.

That's HORRIBLE for HBO boxing.

Expect more budget cuts in 2017.

Everybody was watching UFC Last Night CLEARLY so no surprise!

Comment

Peter nelson makes it to the end of the year?

Comment

Is anyone surprised? That UFC card was one of the most exciting in years.

Comment

That's actually a good number for Ortiz Thompson. Not even hard core fans give z crap about either of them.

Santa Cruz on the other hand is supposed to be one of haymons stars, he didn't even break 300k on Showtime.

Haymon the star killer strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
            Word has it that this event averaged less than 800k viewers for the entire 2 hours.

That's HORRIBLE for HBO boxing.

Expect more budget cuts in 2017.
            Pigeons have to wait for his official numbers

Comment

Man you have to be real sometimes. Do you honestly expect 1 million for this card? Nobody knows who these fighters are. I myself thought Vargas/Ali was the main card. People just didn't give a crap about this card. Who cares if it did 100K? Come on.

Santa Cruz/Martinez did a mere 200K.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                That's actually a good number for Ortiz Thompson. Not even hard core fans give z crap about either of them.

Santa Cruz on the other hand is supposed to be one of haymons stars, he didn't even break 300k on Showtime.

Haymon the star killer strikes again!
                If no one gave a crap why did HBO pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  If no one gave a crap why did HBO pay for it
                  800k apparently did give a crap, I didn't though and most hardcores I assumed didn't.

Why did Showtime pay al Haymon more money for Santa Cruz fight and Jacobs fights, combined didn't even get to 600k?

Comment

I dont know anyone who would think that fight would do good numbers, those guys are no names man, be serious it was just a filler fight, to build up a heavyweight and a wbo title fight on the undercard, how can it be a flop when it was never projected to be a big draw?

Comment

Working...
                    X