Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA are ridiculous! Look at their reason for super champions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    I wish we could do something....like bankrupt these buttholes. I remember the WBC was sooooo close to filing bankruptcy with the whole RJJ fiasco
    I hear ya bro, I wish we could all somehow get together and make a difference against all the corruption with not only the world titles but with promoters and the behind the scenes handlers, and I wish the WBC would have gone bankrupt, it would have been great for the sport.

Comment

One champ per division. Stops all the cherry picking

Comment

More champions means more sanctioning fees. They don't care how it looks to hardcore boxing fans as long as they can keep selling it to the casual fans and keep stuffing their pockets. It's become more than a disgrace, its an outright joke.

Comment

WBA "Super" champion is quite easy to explain. You become a "Super" champion if you've made 5 or more successful defenses of the WBA "Regular" belt, you've won a belt in the same weight class from a different organization body like the IBF, WBC or WBO or you're clearly a superstar fighter or one on the rise like Floyd Mayweather.

I personally don't mind it, I can figure it out quite easily and I don't mind multiple alphabet belts. It's easy to know who is the IBF, WBA, WBC or WBO champion, any other belts like the IBO or NABO, I just don't follow or care.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
            WBA "Super" champion is quite easy to explain. You become a "Super" champion if you've made 5 or more successful defenses of the WBA "Regular" belt, you've won a belt in the same weight class from a different organization body like the IBF, WBC or WBO or you're clearly a superstar fighter or one on the rise like Floyd Mayweather.

I personally don't mind it, I can figure it out quite easily and I don't mind multiple alphabet belts. It's easy to know who is the IBF, WBA, WBC or WBO champion, any other belts like the IBO or NABO, I just don't follow or care.
            You don't think it's stupid that they're doing this to give more people a chance at having a belt? Not like they themselves as the governing body can enforce their rules and beltholder.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post

The WBA can promote anyone to Super champion at any time. You'll find people have unified the Regular title aswell, which is hilarious as the WBA can't yet do anything (see Carl Froch, or formerly Canelo Alvarez). I'm sure we'll get to the point where we have a Super champion, a Unified Champion, a Regular Champion and an Interim Champion. We just need an interim Super Champion for the complete collection.

I wouldn't care too much if promoters, networks and hall of fames did not recognise belts as world championships. Writers should be using terms like "WBA champion" or "WBA titleholder" instead of "WBA World Champion" or "World Champion".

The WBA's idea is that having a regular champion helps the strained unification process given current boxing politics (as well as the additional sanctioning fees, of course). Sanctioning bodies need to resume a long-past system of using unified mandatories for unified champions, then the mandatory system isn't as clogged as it is now. Eliminators between IBF/WBA/WBC no.1 for the unified champion...etc.

I still think the WBC are 1000000x worse and more corrupt than the WBA will ever be.

Comment

The only time this makes sense is if you have a belt holder like Floyd who won't make a mandatory defense against the #1 guy at 154. Other than that its stupid.

Comment

WBC is worse for sure... I mean Pac loses to Bradley, gets put to sleep by Marquez, fights a career light weight 2 fights removed from the junior welter class coming off a damn loss in his 1st welter fight, Pac was nowhere near the top of their rankings yet beating Rios made him the mandatory to the WBC title Mayweather holds... lol such garbage just like Pac fighting a non ranked Margacheato @ 150lb catchweight for a WBC **** diamond 154lb title and he wasn't ranked @ 154 either. Then the whole if you are a Mexican with a following like Chavez Jr. or Canelo holding a WBC belt hostage or given a belt type of ****. The WBA is becoming just as **** as the WBC. How did Floyd beat Cotto for a belt then Cotto fought Trout for a WBA belt after he lost it to Floyd. These organizations are only about money and have no integrity. Also **** like Vitali being champ for forever without defending his belt...

Comment

Scott Quigg won his WBA regular belt with a DRAW against Yoandris Salinas, that's how fûcked put his shït is.

Comment

Working...
                    X