Zero-Dark Thread: Fellow Insomniacs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
    HMMM he is banned.

Fistic, get out there and buy a pet dog to keep you company. Animals have healing powers beyond comprehension.
    That's what I have hear man. Plants, I heard, can help as well--I will start with a plant (and progress towards a pet animal or regress back to nothing). Thanks MC.

p.s. No idea why Horton was banned? I couldn't even see that pic. I will try Internet Explorer (I use Chrome).

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
      That's what I have hear man. Plants, I heard, can help as well--I will start with a plant (and progress towards a pet animal or regress back to nothing). Thanks MC.

p.s. No idea why Horton was banned? I couldn't even see that pic. I will try Internet Explorer (I use Chrome).
      have you tried a little pot? serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        have you tried a little pot? serious question.
        I used to smoke that when I was in high-school a long time ago. Honestly, it made me paranoid a lot of the time. I can definitely see it helping with sleep based on it effects on the central nervous system though.

I will see what else that Doc has. I've tried a few things in the past. There was this one anti-depressant med and another, an anti-psychotic med, that helped me in the past. They have their potential dangers, and they can leave you really "hung-over" the next day, but if I can use them periodically, as needed, I may be able to make them work without trouble. There's other stuff too. I will ask about the ambien as well.

Comment

I used to smoke that when I was in high-school a long time ago. Honestly, it made me paranoid a lot of the time. I can definitely see it helping with sleep based on it effects on the central nervous system though.

I will see what else that Doc has. I've tried a few things in the past. There was this one anti-depressant med and another, an anti-psychotic med, that helped me in the past. They have their potential dangers, and they can leave you really "hung-over" the next day, but if I can use them periodically, as needed, I may be able to make them work without trouble. There's other stuff too. I will ask about the ambien as well.
          gotcha, yeah, then continue to stay away if paranoia is what happens.

hopefully the ambien does the trick, it was more like 3 weeks of the ambien that i did that kicked my sleeping back into gear.

in retrospect, i got with this fukn persian girl who i ended up marrying (classic ultimatum) that just demanded too much of me, so i'm finding the trend in timing with that ... i'm divorcing that gash now and yo, i'm back to my normal self. i'm so much more a normal dude again.

if you got a beetchy persian in your life, BINGO! no need for a doctor, just an exit.
          Last edited by baya; 07-08-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Tim's pic.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...95-510-260.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
              Thanks MC. I don't think that was why he was banned, but I can't say for sure.

Comment

I agree that that mentality can certainly help. Despite getting no sleep, I can still function effectively as if sleep was normal, at least the first day after. Typically I can swing a good 4-5 hours of sleep at night, especially with the over-the-counter meds. That helps of course. It's when I go too many nights in a row, without sleeping, that the mind-**** really takes over.

I can stay up voluntarily when I want to, but even on nights when I want to hit the rack and sleep--I can't. I know now to not even bother with the pre-sleep rituals, that many of us practice--because it's just not going to happen. The first night, as of late, can certainty be lots of fun as long as I have stuff to keep my mind busy.
                At that point you want to be putting yourself to sleep no matter the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  At that point you want to be putting yourself to sleep no matter the cost.
                  Yeah, at that point I double up on over-the-counter **** I have (I alternate different stuff to avoid tolerance) and coupling that with a very tired mind and body I am able to pass out for a good number of hours. Some times I get so tired, after missing sleep, that I don't need the meds and I can actually just fall asleep.

Comment

Working...
                  X