Collapse
No announcement yet.

The types of people at the boxing gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The differences between a Pro boxer and the amateur boxer are obvious.
    Read these comments and there's isn't a pro comment so I'll throw it out.
    "if you don't like it let the door hit you in the azz as you leave"
    Other than that shut up and get your work in!
    Ray.

Comment

Hard work, dedication, a gym is not a place for people who get butthurt over little things or cannot coexist with various personalities.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
        The guy who takes up boxing and is already ripped or into bodybuilding and thinks he's going to have an edge over a lot of people in the ring. (They're always in for a rude awakening)

The people who have good technique and look good on the heavy bag but are terrible at sparring

The people who used to do MMA and are taking up boxing (a lot of em suck but some of them actually get good)

The really talented female boxers that will give a lotta guys trouble (there's at least two at my gym and they will **** u up if u underestimate em. They're actually amazing to watch too)

The father son duo where the kid boxes seriously and the father is usually involved with everything he does (I actually love seeing that, there's at least 5 duos like this at my gym)

That's a couple that come to mind
        haha i love the RED ones. its fun bullying them in sparring :P.
        for GREEN, that's me. not necessariyl terrible, just lacking experience...

Comment

Shadowboxing I look handicapped and on the bag I look like a Neanderthal, lol

But sparring I get the job done, I sparred a ex pro and after he said "when you were doing your work outside the ring you didn't look like too much but inside the ring your handful"

That made me feel great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Ray.
            Why bash others because they don't have a pros mindset? It's great to have passion and strive for being best you can but some don't have goals of turning pro.

This is exactly what I meant in my post. It's like to box it has to be your entire life in trainers eyes.. Why can't it be a hobby like anything else like lifting, BJJ, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by theGr8test View Post
              Why bash others because they don't have a pros mindset? It's great to have passion and strive for being best you can but some don't have goals of turning pro.

This is exactly what I meant in my post. It's like to box it has to be your entire life in trainers eyes.. Why can't it be a hobby like anything else like lifting, BJJ, etc?

arrogant trainers tend to be bad trainers. too narrow minded.
              cheers for the love of boxing

Comment

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/10/01/...ven-years.html

This is a sad story but its shows me what the boxing gyms in my area are about, helping youth.

Comment

There's always been amateur programs but in some gyms the trainer maybe a "full time" trainer. That's how he eats sleeps and shetz! They don't have time for tournaments and travel that costs them. It's pretty easy to understand this if you know "where your training"!
                  My gym had both competitors and my main attention went to the amateur program that is still in existence today. It began in 1969 and remains open today.

I'm not bashing anyone but a boxing gym is not a social event. The sport is dangerous regardless where you compete and if you are concentrating on what your working on you won't notice what others are doing or saying.

The arrogance that novice people think they see is all most always a "no nonsense" attitude that trainers exude during work time. Most trainers I've known throughout the years are relaxed and sociable "after work is done"!

Have a nice day kids!
                  Ray.

Comment

Good post Ray

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Ray.

The thread was NOT a rant and was meant to be a joke, so I don't see why people are taking it so seriously.
                      Last edited by Box-Office; 10-22-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X