No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    There does seem to be some hate which takes away from the majority of GGG critics, those who just want to see him step up and seeing a lot of excuse-making for a champion in his mid-thirties carrying a barren resume.

We see someone who is not in a position to call shots against the A-side but won't make proper sacrifices and then claim he's being ducked.

We see a guy willing to move up for a Julio Cesar Chavez but won't entertain negotiations with Andre Ward once he came out of litigation.

We see a guy who struggles to make any sort of decent fight and while you can blame a part of it on the reluctance of others, he and his team deserve blame.

Ultimately, what it boils down to is that you have a fighter ranked by the mainstream boxing media as top five yet his best win is a C-class fighter. That will always draw the spotlight of criticism toward you.
    Bravo. This sums it up.

Comment

[MENTION][/MENTION]
      Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Much of it is a byproduct of GGG fans bashing on Canelo, Ward, Mayweather. Then, those fans feel they need to "get back" at the GGG fans. All pretty ridiculous. I like him. I just have a hard time getting along with hardcore fans of any sort because they want to attack you if you disagree with them. I'm mostly neutral so I get it from all sides.
      You are not allowed to be neutral Redd. You must pick a side and defend it to the death.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        There does seem to be some hate which takes away from the majority of GGG critics, those who just want to see him step up and seeing a lot of excuse-making for a champion in his mid-thirties carrying a barren resume.

We see someone who is not in a position to call shots against the A-side but won't make proper sacrifices and then claim he's being ducked.

We see a guy willing to move up for a Julio Cesar Chavez but won't entertain negotiations with Andre Ward once he came out of litigation.

We see a guy who struggles to make any sort of decent fight and while you can blame a part of it on the reluctance of others, he and his team deserve blame.

Ultimately, what it boils down to is that you have a fighter ranked by the mainstream boxing media as top five yet his best win is a C-class fighter. That will always draw the spotlight of criticism toward you.
        excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          Lara didnt bring big money, but neither did bums like Guerrero or Berto

Floyd never fought a technical, skilled, slick, elusive fighter like the cuban. He was only good at beating flatfooted latino come forward brawler who are slow as molasses.
          Are you being ironic on purpose? You're praising Lara in every sense which fans wanted to see Golovkin vs Lara. Why fight Ouma or Rosado coming from 154?

For thr record, Floyd set a record beating a Cuban in the Olympics in how many years?

The hate and protectiveness, again the irony, for this thread.

Clearly fans are trolling

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            Floyd ducked Lara.

He did it because Lara would have whooped his ass

Lara didnt bring big money, but neither did bums like Guerrero or Berto

Floyd never fought a technical, skilled, slick, elusive fighter like the cuban. He was only good at beating flatfooted latino come forward brawler who are slow as molasses.

Floyd only fought cherrypicked fighters who were tailor made for him like Bumrrero, Canelo, Marquez etc, or washed up like Pacquiao

hes a disgrace and a fraud
            We agree on this one, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Much of it is a byproduct of GGG fans bashing on Canelo, Ward, Mayweather. Then, those fans feel they need to "get back" at the GGG fans. All pretty ridiculous. I like him. I just have a hard time getting along with hardcore fans of any sort because they want to attack you if you disagree with them. I'm mostly neutral so I get it from all sides.
              Maybe that's the reason he gets so much hate.GGG and Canelo are my two favorite boxers and I don't like them hated on so much. I guess it doesn't really matter since neither of them ever read this board.It seems strange to hate a boxer because of his fans and not because of anything that boxer has said or done but some posters are strange.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                but some posters are strange.
                Like the ones who cry whenever a thread makes fun of Loeffler or Abel. Apparently for you K2 and friends are all blood brothers, right, "a$$h0le?"

Comment

Working...
                X