Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Jhonny Gonzalez have a better resume than Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    No, they were the favourite by the majority of fans also.

They were the overwhelming favourites by media, fans and the bookies.

To answer the forum question; No.
    totally agree,,, odds on favorites to win super six was

1. kessler
    2. abraham...

Ward was a darkhorse,, didnt get props till he beat those guys,,,

for the record,,, ward was my pick when tournament announced,, i made alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to the thread,,
    Gonzalez is a very good fighter,, but he aint p4p like ward,,,,, both have alot of names but ward is better resume,,,,,

besides everyone knows that mares struggles with guys that cant correctly spell johnny

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      No Ward's resume is one of the best
      Why????????
      How??????
      Explain

Comment

He has an underrated resume. A dip s**t brit on his TOP 10 P4P thread called Gonzalez a journeyman........a 3x champion journeyman, yeah okay.

It's close though. Ward has a very very good win over Froch, a real good win over Kessler, and two decent solid wins over Abraham and Bika. I don't rate Ward beating Dawson at 168 lbs.

Gonzalez has Vorapin, who was Top 3 at 118 at the time, to win his first title. He also beat Montiel, who wasn't at his best weight at the time, but still a good win. I think he had another win over someone like Pacheco or something like that who was Top 10 at 118 at the time. He also has Hasegawa who was Top 10 at 126. Rojas though not Top 10 because of his layoff was still a solid win too. And than Mares was Top 10 P4P and undefeated, a huge win for Jhonny Gonzalez.

Actually.....it's closer than I thought. Gonzalez would have a beast resume if he had a better chin. Not a good argument but he was winning damn near all those KO losses he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          totally agree,,, odds on favorites to win super six was

1. kessler
          2. abraham...

Ward was a darkhorse,, didnt get props till he beat those guys,,,

for the record,,, ward was my pick when tournament announced,, i made alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to the thread,,
          Gonzalez is a very good fighter,, but he aint p4p like ward,,,,, both have alot of names but ward is better resume,,,,,

besides everyone knows that mares struggles with guys that cant correctly spell johnny

Explain please. I would like to see opinions on this.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think Gonzalez beating an undefeated, 3 weight champion, Top 10 P4P Mares is better than Ward beating Froch hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              He has an underrated resume. A dip s**t brit on his TOP 10 P4P thread called Gonzalez a journeyman........a 3x champion journeyman, yeah okay.

It's close though. Ward has a very very good win over Froch, a real good win over Kessler, and two decent solid wins over Abraham and Bika. I don't rate Ward beating Dawson at 168 lbs.

Gonzalez has Vorapin, who was Top 3 at 118 at the time, to win his first title. He also beat Montiel, who wasn't at his best weight at the time, but still a good win. I think he had another win over someone like Pacheco or something like that who was Top 10 at 118 at the time. He also has Hasegawa who was Top 10 at 126. Rojas though not Top 10 because of his layoff was still a solid win too. And than Mares was Top 10 P4P and undefeated, a huge win for Jhonny Gonzalez.

Actually.....it's closer than I thought. Gonzalez would have a beast resume if he had a better chin. Not a good argument but he was winning damn near all those KO losses he had.
              Finally a good opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Call me crazy, but I think Gonzalez beating an undefeated, 3 weight champion, Top 10 P4P Mares is better than Ward beating Froch hands down.
                I don't think so.

Froch is better than Mares.

Comment

I don't think so.

Maybe, but that wasn't obvious at all till yesterday. Mares lost defending his 3rd divisional belt, Froch wants Hopkins to drop to 170 to face him.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Maybe, but that wasn't obvious at all till yesterday. Mares lost defending his 3rd divisional belt, Froch wants Hopkins to drop to 170 to face him.
                    It was obvious to me. I don't really rate Mares that highly.

Froch is one of those guys who isn't comfortably jumping up and down in weight, plus, he started his career much later than Mares.

That doesn't take away from who's the better fighter.

Comment

I don't think so.

I don't know. Mares deserved the W over Perez, and on top of that he had wns over Darchinyan, Agbeko, Moreno, and Ponce. He won 3 titles in 3 weight classes, and was hands down Top 10 P4P, on top of being undefeated and in his absolute prime.

Froch has wins over Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson, Bute, and Kessler. I don't really rate the Dirrell win either because that was clear win for Dirrell in my book.

Also when Ward beat Froch, he was not Top 10 P4P or unbeaten, and only really had 4 legit wins at the time, while being 34. Mares was only 27, in his absolute prime, should have had about 5 legit and good wins on his resume over 3 divisions, and was basically a consensus Top 10 P4P fighter.

Granted I think Froch is the better fighter, I think Mares at that point was the bigger win though. Mares isn't chop liver.

Comment

Working...
                      X