Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward or Felix Sturm - Who's the worst homebody?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward or Felix Sturm - Who's the worst homebody?

Both Ward and Sturm are two fighters who are notorious for having fought almost their entire career in their hometown or home country. Who do you think has benefited most from bias judging, no travel exhaustion, home crowds, smoother scheduling, lack of disruption etc.. For exampe, would Ward have lost the Super 6 if he'd fought some fights away from home? Would Sturm have lost his title if fights had been outside of his home country?

Ward or Sturm - who's the worst homebody?

home·bod·y/ˈhōmˌbädē/Noun:
    A person who likes to stay at home, esp. one who is perceived as unadventurous.
    Andre Ward
    20.45%
    Felix Sturm
    54.55%
    Both as bad as each other
    18.18%
    None
    6.82%

do you think fighting in oakland had anything to do with his victories in the super six?

Comment

Sturm!

Ward haven't been handed a "GIFT DECISION" in Oakland Yet!

Comment

Both as bad as each other

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Sturm!

they could ahve fought those fights on mars...

ward completely outclassed his opponents, there is no other way they could have possibly ended.

Comment

Sturm!

What ''GIFT DECISION'' did Sturm receive?
            Macklin? Murray?
            Close fights IMO that could of gone either way.

From what I remember & I maybe wrong but I am sure I recall saying Murray did well to get a draw & I'm sure Macklin faded quite badly & let Sturm back into the fight, you can't go into a champions backyard, take your foot off the gas & expect to win a decision in a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              they could ahve fought those fights on mars...

ward completely outclassed his opponents, there is no other way they could have possibly ended.
              if you think Ward wouldn't have got disqualified anywhere outside the US for his headbutting against Kessler, I think you're mistaken. But in Oakland he didn't even have a point deducted.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                What ''GIFT DECISION'' did Sturm receive?
                Macklin? Murray?
                Close fights IMO that could of gone either way.

From what I remember & I maybe wrong but I am sure I recall saying Murray did well to get a draw & I'm sure Macklin faded quite badly & let Sturm back into the fight, you can't go into a champions backyard, take your foot off the gas & expect to win a decision in a close fight.

Comment

Ward has yet to be gifted a Win in his hometown soooooooooo...

Also not exactly sure of what Kessler and Abraham draw in their hometowns, but IIRC they also drew well. Those are probably the only two you could argue, because there was no way the finals were going to take place in someone's hometown; so I'm sure there is a financial impact that could be argued. Still the fact that he pretty much wide UD's everyone makes it a moot point.

Comment

Well what gift decision did he receive? Just seems to me like if you have a fight these days in a fighters hometown and its quite close everyone starts screaming robbery.

Comment

Working...
                    X