No announcement yet.

Stategies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stategies

I need some new stategies on how to get inside of a slightly taller opponent with reach. I dont have great hd movment and a solid mediocre jab. Any ideas?

search the forum this has already been posted

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini531
      I need some new stategies on how to get inside of a slightly taller opponent with reach. I dont have great hd movment and a solid mediocre jab. Any ideas?
      As a smaller guy you need to really keep your hands moving, make sure they keep moving as your moving inside on the man, other wise you will see the same thing happen to you that happened to Peter. If you dont move your hands when you move inside your easily able to be tied up and or clocked a few good times.

Another good thing to do is move your head hands and waist while moving in give the opponent less of a target to hit and less of a pattern to be pick up on. This is almost what you would consider peek a boo style (very tiring but well worth using, similiar to mike tyson and Joe Frazier both used it very well)

Comment

Wait that your opponent makes the first move and dive under his jab or cross.

Comment

- feint to bring out his jab or right hand... and get under it and move to the head
          - normally a left rip to body is a good shot after ya opponent throws ya jab at u
          - watch jame toney and hatton-Tszyu fite, how both hatton and toney use their opponents jabs to get in.
          - most important thing is to be collected anf not to calm.

Comment

How should I deal with a fighter thats taller and has really fast hands?

Comment

one way is to get under his jab and come up with a hook/uppercut to the inside of his bicep.hurts like hell and will slow his jab right down.

this will take practice to get the timing right

Comment

You should watch some Joe Frazier fights especially against Ali. You should pick up something from him. I think some old Tyson fight when he was dominating, got inside pretty good, I assume, because he's not that tall and throws pretty tight hooks and you need to be closer for those punches. Hope it helps.

Why are u asking? Are you fighting anytime soon? And if you are good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy_Texan
                  You should watch some Joe Frazier fights especially against Ali. You should pick up something from him. I think some old Tyson fight when he was dominating, got inside pretty good, I assume, because he's not that tall and throws pretty tight hooks and you need to be closer for those punches. Hope it helps.

Why are u asking? Are you fighting anytime soon? And if you are good luck.
                  agree joe frazier and young tyson fights you will will learn alot just don't use frazier's def i think the peek a boo [tyson's def] is the best for a small HV

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini531
                    How should I deal with a fighter thats taller and has really fast hands?
                    I have a sparring partner with really fast hands, nice inside skills and most important of all; he's taller then me. His reach is 20cm longer then mine and I have to get in.
                    I can't slip under his jab cause he's too fast.

My coach told me to always keep my hands over my forehead, ignoring your belly, cause the gravity drags your hands faster to the ground then up. Freaking laws of nature I guess.

So what I do is I weave and bob to get in. I bob by pumping my legs to the left and to the right, then as fast as I possibly can, take a jab at the body while slipping to the right, leaning on my back foot, then come forward with a powerpunching straight. When you get in, use flurry and make him open himself. My tactic works best on people that drop their left hand cause you're smaller, but some keep it up, and you might wanna change the straight from the back foot into a overhead-straight to break his block.

Comment

Working...
                    X