Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Trinidad had conquered today's 147-154 Divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Trinidad had conquered today's 147-154 Divisions?

I think there is a good chance that he beat everyone. Looking at today's top ww-sw's

Floyd
    JMM
    Pac
    Canelo
    Bradley
    Lara
    Trout
    Cotto
    Guerrero.
    Ortiz
    Pauli

Most of these guys are undersized and would not have been able to deal with Tito. Prime Pac or Floyd against Peak Tito would be very interesting. But the shop worn version of Pac and the older Floyd will probably both lose decisions or possibly koed.
    He beat them all
    50.00%
    He loses 1
    18.42%
    He loses 2
    13.16%
    He loses 3 or more
    18.42%

It's actually quite entertaining imagining a Tito in there against Cotto instead of Austin Trout..Cotto would probably have died.

Comment

Some thing people don't take much into account is that at welter Tito was huge, I think he was 6 ft, which is insane with crazy power and good reach. He'd demolish that list and Maywheather would've been the toughest stylistically but if he fights like he did against Cotto he'd get wrecked, if he boxes it'd be 50-50 simply because of size. At 154 he'd be good but not with the size advantage.

Comment

Titowould have the most problems with Angulo, Kirkland & maybe Thurman. Everyone else recieves the business.

Comment

The only guy who probably beats him is Floyd. Just styles wise... Lara would pose a stylistic threat but as he's mostly unproven no way I give him the nod over Tito. Pac, Ortiz, Guerrero, etc are all highlight reel KOs waiting to happen. Canelo and the bigger guys stand a better chance if they could handle the power...but I could see Trout and Canelo with his no head movement get put down too...JMM would be KOd with a left hook since he seems to love eating those...

Comment

Its funny....I remember Tito as a puncher who was exciting and like a lot of other Rican fighters....indoctrinated with skills into the game. This is the guy who went life and death with Nando? who did not exactly dominate Oscar. I don't think he dominates....although it is true that the division was a lot stronger back then.

Oh and no...he does not dominate Marquez no way no how! Marquez is way too good technically and shows that he can deal with punchers by dismantling Pac

Comment

Tito beats all of today's 147-160.

Win MD/SD vs Floyd (unless robbery)
              Win UD/TKO vs Trout
              Win UD/TKO vs Pac (Pac would have ducked Tito at WW though)
              Win UD vs Canelo
              Win UD/TKO vs Guerrero
              Win TKO vs Cotto
              Win KO vs Martinez
              Win UD/RTD vs Golovkin
              Win UD vs Pirog
              Win UD vs JCC Jr
              Win KO vs Khan
              Win TKO/KO vs Maidana
              Win UD/TKO vs Alexander
              Win UD/TKO vs Marquez (that's what I think)

List goes on..

Comment

People have forgotten how great Tito was at 147, I think he was teh second best ww since Leonard/Hearns, the first being DLH.

Your list of possible opponents

Floyd
                JMM
                Pac
                Canelo
                Bradley
                Lara
                Trout
                Cotto
                Guerrero.
                Ortiz
                Pauli

Tito straight up knocks out most of the guys on that list, he'd probably inflict the first KO loss of JMM's career and batter Bradley.

Floyd, Pac, Trout and Lara provide better resistance. Pac himself hits hard and would cause some serious hurt for Tito but he probably wins. Floyd is very good defensively but I think he doesn't have the size to trouble Tito and loses too. Trout and Lara for me would put up the most resistance but again I can't see Tito losing those.

I think Canelo has enough power to give Tito more problems and puts together decent combos but chalk up another one for Felix.

Things would get more interesting at MW where he was a prety average sized MW but he still carried the power. I think Martinez would KO him though and Chavez would be a very physical and draining affair. 50/50.

Golovkin v Tito could be the most fan friendly but I'm not sure how good GGG is, especially his chin but I've seen Tito take punches from Roy Jones so even though the possibility of a KO is there I think Tito pulls out a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Titowould have the most problems with Angulo, Kirkland & maybe Thurman. Everyone else recieves the business.
                  tito would absolutely destroy those guys. and quick. you don't attack trinidad.

Comment

Is that with or without his special hand wrapping?

Comment

Working...
                    X