who here can honestly say that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    This site is very pro brawling and anti boxing
    This site would pick Rios to stop Lara. Hell, according to this place Rios beats Floyd.

Comment

Same goes for any sport really if the teams or the fighters matchup well and the stakes are high (championship) it could be a defensive game,good pitching,fumbles,turnovers etc... And I enjoy it. Or it could be a shoot out/slugfest and that's cool too. It's more about the buildup and what's at stake than it is the styles that make fights interesting ... To me at least.

Comment

why cant both be an option i love all styles thats why boxing is great no fight is the same

Comment

I enjoyed the Rios vs Alvarado fights because they each have personality!

However in general I enjoy brawlers because they have a style that I refuse to utilize out of self preservation. I enjoy boxers / defensive fighters because they usually have certain attributes that I wish I had.....

Comment

I have no problem with boxers, as long as running or holding isn't a major part of their fight plan.

Comment

for me, the most entertainment is from attacking styles. keep in mind i said entertainment.

offensive style create entertainment
              defensive style wait for that moment for entertainment

if a boxer actually boxed the **** outta someone, it would be greatly entertaining. but they run, or sit on counterpunch 90percent of the time, or clinch. i want to see hit and not get hit by an actual punch, not because the guy cant keep up with running ass mother****ers or guy cant throw a bunch because hes clinched. i dont mean stand in his grill. turn the guy but **** if a guy can do some outbox **** in infight range, thats like some comic book **** brought to life. can make movies off that.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                They enjoy rios and alvarado fights over boxers like rigo, Lara and mayweather? Anyone else feel like rios and alvarado are not only punching bags they're also clowns. No skill what so ever just fight like drunks and get hit all fight is that really entertainment?
                Put them in with Rigo Lara and Mayweather and they cant win a round there is your answer , sluggers are for the casual fan that doesnt understand the science of boxing .

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Not hate just trying to comprehend how people diss rigo or Lara because their "boring" and act like rios alvarado fights are the greatest thing we have ever seen. Other boxers like santa cruz are saying rigo is boring he just moves and boxes but rigo belive it or not has a higher KO % than santa cruz and others
                  Most people don't like when a very skilled fighter does the very minimum to win a fight. I though Rigo was entertaining vs Donaire and the Japanese guy he fought but the Agbenko fight was an abomination; I literally fell asleep for a few minutes during that fight. Agbenko had nothing for him, but Rigo was content to potshot and move. Rigo is tremendously skilled, he is a marvel to see, but after a few rounds it gets monotonous, the other guy is not good enough to make the fight interesting, and the one who is refuses to.

That being said, Alvarado vs Rios fights while entertaining can sometimes be dull to watch for similar reasons.

Comment

I like fighters that neutralize their opponents best weapon. So that tells you I like FMJ, Ward, Rigo, Hopkins, etc.. But.... I like how Kovalev was able to neutralize Hopkins by controlling distance and How Khan made Alexander follow him around all night. I feel it's nothing for 2 people to get in the ring and stand there and throw punches all night at each other using their faces as a type of defense. Neither fighter knows how to slip a punch nor do they care to. To me those are tough man competition fights and fighters and not boxers or boxing matches. I appreciate all fighters that show a good offense and a good defense. They don't have to be the hardest punchers or the fastest punchers, but they do need to show some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                      I like watching both for different reasons. I'm a big rigo fan, I think he's top p4p and obviously way more skilled. But given the choice which fight I'd rather be made I pick Rios-Alvarado every single time. One is appreciation of skill the other is flat out entertainment. When it comes down to it, I watch to be entertained.

Edit: I shouldn't say every single time. If you give me Rigo vs Loma (extreme skill vs extreme skill) with important outside factors (titles, etc), maybe I reconsider. But about 95% of the time.
                      This... COuldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X