Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder...Should he have looked better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That accuracy though:
    https://instagram.com/p/8Ljet1wQ01/

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... that's the 'Superman punch', doe...
      Haha..

I was laughing at how frenzied and wild he was with his footwork, but that athletic style was to his benefit against a guy that is defensively responsible (yet predictable) like Duhapas. Duhapas the type that has a decent defense when he feels he's in range of a punch but laxes up on the outside where he feels he's out of range. Wilder hit him from distances the Frenchman did not anticipate, hence he got his shots in. Wilder also looped hooks around the guard and busted Duhapas up on the ropes on several occasions.

I liked the offensive showcase overall. You could really see Wilder thinking in there offensively. And for some guys.. offense is the best defense.

Interested to see how Wilder handles more staunch challenges... whether he is more defensively responsible, fights tall and long.. and abandons trying for the ko in interest of securing the win. I'll definitely be tuning in!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        I've noticed that too.
        People make Wilder miss so much just by simply bending their knees. Eric Molina also evaded a lot of Wilders power shots this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
          Are you Dennis Green?
          hahahaha! Good one.

Comment

It's hard to fight these guys that hide behind their guard and move forward with reckless abandonment. Wlad fought Lamon Brewster and Lamon put Wlad to sleep fighting that same style. Brewster dug to the body a little more but it was the same thing.
            Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 09-28-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Every fighter has fights where they could have done better, against a not so good opponent.

Look at Mayweather vs Augustus. It took Floyd 9 rounds out of a scheduled 10 to stop Augustus, and Floyd took some shots to get that TKO, he got a busted nose. He threw everything he had at Emmanuel. Floyd looked so vulnerable in that fight that in his next fight, against #5 P4P Diego Corrales, that performance was actually one of the reasons why Floyd was underdog. His defense did not look so good in that fight. He was dragged into exchanges by Agustus and people thought Corrales would do even better than just break Floyd's nose.
              /thread

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                /thread

Comment

Working...
                X