Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was 2009 Manny's Best Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. It was a good year. Since then he hasn't really seemed as physically good.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      So naturally, Mayweather beating Baldomir isn't pathetic?
      pacquiao is 5'6(to margarito's 5'11), and will weigh in 144-145 at welterweight loading up on carbs fighting for the first time at 150
      floyd mayweather is 5'8(to baldomirs 5'7) and had tested the waters of 147 plenty before fighting baldomir

not to mention margarito is a much better fighter than baldomir, even the marg pacquiao fought

Comment

PAC span of fighting Barerra, Marquez, and Morales in pretty much a back to back fights were awesome. His other span of taking Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto are also superb.
        Last edited by ModernTalking; 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          pacquiao is 5'6(to margarito's 5'11), and will weigh in 144-145 at welterweight loading up on carbs fighting for the first time at 150
          floyd mayweather is 5'8(to baldomirs 5'7) and had tested the waters of 147 plenty before fighting baldomir

not to mention margarito is a much better fighter than baldomir, even the marg pacquiao fought
          Of course, the size difference was vaster for Pac-Margarito. I didn't imply it wasn't.

But the logic still applies, Baldomir is much bigger than Mayweather.

So is that not a worhtless fight?

After all, you just said if their is a big size difference, it can't be.

Comment

Of course, the size difference was vaster for Pac-Margarito. I didn't imply it wasn't.

Actually he's not. I'm not sure if you're just digging or not, But May was taller and actually looked bigger in the ring.

Still the worst fight pick I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Actually he's not. I'm not sure if you're just digging or not, But May was taller and actually looked bigger in the ring.

Still the worst fight pick I ever made.
              Baldomir is not bigger than Mayweather?

I'll think you'll find he absolutely is.

He was outweighed by what? 13 Lbs + on fight night by Baldomir?

The guy is a big natural Welterweight.

Mayweather, of course isn't.

Comment

Baldomir is not bigger than Mayweather?

I'll think you'll find he absolutely is.

He was outweighed by what? 13 Lbs + on fight night by Baldomir?

The guy is a big natural Welterweight.

Mayweather, of course isn't.
                I can't remember (looking up disc)...yeah, guess he was heavier. Guess I'm thinking of May since he came back where estimates are he rehydrates into the 150s.

Even that night, Floyd was rock solid in the division. he certainly matured into a Welterweight. I'm not sure how you define natural Welter. He's natural there now and his body growth is pretty consistent with aging. Day before weigh-ins make it hard to compare today's natural to yesterdays.

Comment

lets just say height makes a big difference and im not talking in the classical reach sense

would you like we get into it? or do you think you got the gist of it, people have types of bone density and strenght, this is usually why naturally strong individuals exist

im sure we've had the convo before while conversing about marquez-pacquiao III
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-10-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    I can't remember (looking up disc)...yeah, guess he was heavier. Guess I'm thinking of May since he came back where estimates are he rehydrates into the 150s.

Even that night, Floyd was rock solid in the division. he certainly matured into a Welterweight. I'm not sure how you define natural Welter. He's natural there now and his body growth is pretty consistent with aging. Day before weigh-ins make it hard to compare today's natural to yesterdays.
                    He was much heavier. He is much bigger, that's a fact.

Of course, it differs but Baldomir was a WW when he was a young kid. In his early 20's he was a big Welterweight. That's what I mean.

Comment

He was much heavier. He is much bigger, that's a fact.

Of course, it differs but Baldomir was a WW when he was a young kid. In his early 20's he was a big Welterweight. That's what I mean.
                      I didn't remember him being that much heavier on fight night but recalled thinking when they weighed-in that size was being overrated and that Mayweather was looking down a bit at him. Numbers don't lie though.

Comment

Working...
                      X