Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police implicate, link Klitschko brothers, other opposition members...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police implicate, link Klitschko brothers, other opposition members...

Link to article - http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...ts-334343.html

Thought this would interest some, another example of dirty politics...pretty ridiculous if you ask me, and sort of shows you what Vitali is faced with his political ambitions! As he put it, "this is a game without rules".

To summarise the original story, a prominent female journalist was badly beaten up a few days ago, she was known to be one of the instigators of the political protests in Ukraine, and it obviously did not please the government...

Thoughts?

The president there clearly doesn't want Vitali to be there.
    Didn't he make it impossible for Vitali to run for like 6 years?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      The president there clearly doesn't want Vitali to be there.
      Didn't he make it impossible for Vitali to run for like 6 years?
      Well, he tried/is trying to make a law where you had to have lived/been a citizen and paid taxes in Ukraine in the last 10 years to run for president. I don't know if Vitali has, probably not since he was mainly based in Germany and the States, however, in this whole thing i'm not too sure how Wlad is involved, pretty ridiculous all round to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Well, he tried/is trying to make a law where you had to have lived/been a citizen and paid taxes in Ukraine in the last 10 years to run for president. I don't know if Vitali has, probably not since he was mainly based in Germany and the States, however, in this whole thing i'm not too sure how Wlad is involved, pretty ridiculous all round to be honest!
        Take them both out at the same time probably

Comment

Amazing if the vast majority of the Ukraine public isn't seeing through this.

It should be seriously hampering the Government not helping it.

Clearly Russian esque tactics, points fingers, implicate, force the undesired and competitors out by any means possible.

Comment

I heard things are pretty rough there with protests right now. All I see are pics... are you there to see first hand?

Comment

this is the journalist if anyone wants to see what happened to her http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...iv-334224.html

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I heard things are pretty rough there with protests right now. All I see are pics... are you there to see first hand?
                Unfortunately no, but the protests are literally 100ft away from where my grandparents live and where I live when i'm over there. In some pics you can even see my apartment building haha! But right now it's beginning to die down due to the harsh cold/holiday season. The government did a deal with Russia for monetary aid which basically killed the EU deal hopes in the short term, as far as I know the protests will continue with the consistently active protesters who are based there now in their makeshift camps and barricades, as people leave others replace them so the numbers will keep up for a while, hopefully they don't give in but at the same time the stupid government seems to be just as stubborn and with Russia's influence it's gonna be really hard to topple them.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                  this is the journalist if anyone wants to see what happened to her http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...iv-334224.html
                  Well....In Russia she would have been shot. One of my childhood pals was killed as a journalist in Russia (Paul Klebnikoff) and those bastards shoot no matter....woman, child, man.

To beat a woman up is beyond cowardly, and I begrudgingly at least have to give thanks that this was not a shooting as has occured to my childhood pal and many other journalists in Russia.

I have opinions about the Klitschkos as sportsman but would never question their integrity involving a desire to reform their homeland. I am sure that it will not be difficult for the Klitschkos to make it clear that this is not an activity they would be involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Well....In Russia she would have been shot. One of my childhood pals was killed as a journalist in Russia (Paul Klebnikoff) and those bastards shoot no matter....woman, child, man.

To beat a woman up is beyond cowardly, and I begrudgingly at least have to give thanks that this was not a shooting as has occured to my childhood pal and many other journalists in Russia.

I have opinions about the Klitschkos as sportsman but would never question their integrity involving a desire to reform their homeland. I am sure that it will not be difficult for the Klitschkos to make it clear that this is not an activity they would be involved in.
                    I don't know i've heard some scary things about Wlad secretly beating Haydn Panatierre and that he's secretly extremely abusive. Very hard to believe for me but it's a big rumor

Comment

Working...
                    X