Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Strength & Conditioning replaced Boxing Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that video by barry was very informative.

Comment

S&C was meant to supplement your boxing training, never replace it. Barbells and pull up bars don't hit back.

Comment

Phlly Shell Video................thats the video my comments were directed at. I should have posted that I guess but then again if mypost is read correctly its obviously directed at a cross arm defense (philly shell) never heard of that expression. Thats it now you know what I was refering to. As to be able to sit down on comment on your vast talents I'm to old and frankly don't have time, good luck I'm sure you'll enfluence the ones that can be, or not! Ray

Comment

Strength and conditioning is pretty much cross training. So it's better than just pure boxing training but you still need have reps on boxing skill training to be competent in the game.

Comment

S&C has become a part of every sport in general. Science has advanced so much that we no longer have to guess or learn from trial an error. If a good S&C coach knows his stuff it will definitely improve your game in any sport. It's just a matter of doing the right program. However, there are still a lot of old school trainers and boxers that are working in the same old fashion getting the same results as some of these guys we see using S&C coaches so what's wrong for some may be right for others.

Comment

Virgil Hunter on S&C

talking about the science

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
                S&C was meant to supplement your boxing training, never replace it. Barbells and pull up bars don't hit back.
                the other night i stubbed my toe on a tricep bar i'd stupidly left on the floor. had me all david haye! ha ha

Comment

Working...
                X