Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather/Pac II do 2 million PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Mayweather/Pac II do 2 million PPV buys?

I say easy...makes sense for both....lets see it in September...Canelo won't fight GGG so Mayweather comes back and takes that date and makes another 100 million....
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    25.93%
    I don't give a fk, I won't order it!!
    7.41%

hell no...........

Comment

I doubt it. Both of the fighters are at the end of their marketability and their is no demand for the fight. When Mayweather was at the height of his career, and a fight was in reasonable demand he could command about 1.5 mil buys; for Pacquiao, it was about 1.2 million.

If the two fought one another, I think it would do those numbers. The fact that it is the two of them would bring respectable numbers, but I don't think it would top 2 mil.

Comment

NO! too much bad feeling over the first fight. Fans felt robbed. You see how both Floyd and Manny's next fight each flopped. I say a rematch does around 1-1.5mil that's it. Good numbers that neither can reach at this point on their own. Just not stupid historic numbers like the first fight.

Comment

4.5 million people watched it and complained because they somehow thought it would be action packed and know realize it will never be action packed..only a handful of people refuse to accept the reality that Floyd won and all the questions were answered....The rest of the world has moved on and want to see the new breed of talent in boxing rise up..

Both had a great career but ya'll seriously need to let the **** go.In Sept Manny will be 3 months away from 38 and Floyd will be almost 40...This is like when the NBA refused to let Michael Jordan go, SORRY FELLAS THE SHOW IS OVER

Comment

I think they could sucker maybe 1 million people into buying. 2 mil is a stretch

Comment

not even if they made it a regular $70ppv

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                4.5 million people watched it and complained because they somehow thought it would be action packed and know realize it will never be action packed..only a handful of people refuse to accept the reality that Floyd won and all the questions were answered....The rest of the world has moved on and want to see the new breed of talent in boxing rise up..

Both had a great career but ya'll seriously need to let the **** go.In Sept Manny will be 3 months away from 38 and Floyd will be almost 40...This is like when the NBA refused to let Michael Jordan go, SORRY FELLAS THE SHOW IS OVER
                Floyd himself was talking about coming back against Danny like 3 weeks ago to piss on Canelo's parade...so stop getting all butt hurt when people make up threads about him

Comment

Don't really know

Comment

Absolutely. I think they did a piss poor job of promoting the first fight & that fight mighta did 6M+ buys if they had pushed harder. I was expecting lower numbers the first time around cuz of that piss poor job. I think they throw a lil more spin on a rematch & it does 2M buys in its sleep.

That said it ain't happening. Floyd is a 39 year old boxing promoter. Manny is less than a month away from being a 37 year old senator. Let these guys get on with the next stage of their lives.

Comment

Working...
                    X