Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Think Kovalev Will Be Too Big, Strong For Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    It's a white thing mate.....they wouldn't eveen be talking about ward if he wasn't a brother....they would say ...he hasn't boxed anybody....he's overated....he's chinny blah blah.....kovalev has good boxing abilty and a sound teqnique who also fights behind his jab...kovelevs power is added advantage .....ward was able to boss a lot of fighters at 168 becaue he is physically a big guy and had all the physical advantages .....with kovalev he has none of that and kovalev can more than match him with inside strength ....I'm curious how ward handles Barrera talk about dealing with kovelevs power......the brothers will never give the White boxer any credit ....it's just divide for some reason
    His father is a white Irishman....how about leaving race out of the discussion.

And who is "they" anyway?

Comment

i think Roach is a **** boy!!...everyone is entitled to an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        His father is a white Irishman....how about leaving race out of the discussion.

And who is "they" anyway?
        if im talking to you I'll trhow you a bone so unless you find I'm talking to u and it's aimed at you then don't respond....I could multi quote loads of members in here and it was aimed at a few members on this site that are blatantly in support of going against anything that don't fit in the there agenda......omowale , the real-pugilist, T.M.T ...so pipe down at it wasn't aimed at you ...and I give credit where credit is due no matter what colour the boxer is...white , Asian, black or what ever culture there from ....classing kovalev as just a brawler shows they have and agenda...I like ward

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
          It's a white thing mate.....they wouldn't eveen be talking about ward if he wasn't a brother....they would say ...he hasn't boxed anybody....he's overated....he's chinny blah blah.....kovalev has good boxing abilty and a sound teqnique who also fights behind his jab...kovelevs power is added advantage .....ward was able to boss a lot of fighters at 168 becaue he is physically a big guy and had all the physical advantages .....with kovalev he has none of that and kovalev can more than match him with inside strength ....I'm curious how ward handles Barrera talk about dealing with kovelevs power......the brothers will never give the White boxer any credit ....it's just divide for some reason
          Lmao. Yep..

Those are quite possibly the worst kind of people in the sport.. motivated by race, are you kidding me?

It's fine to be a patriot.. it's another thing to root for a person because he's the same color of your skin. Racist minds..

This BlackSoul guy makes me lol, his name, profile picture, signature.. for all I know he's probably a #1 fan/follower of the Black Panthers

What can you do at the end though? If they choose to watch the sport because of race, then so be it, they'll be furious at the end when Kovalev & GGG stomp all over their black hope heroes

Comment

Roach picking him is a bad sign for Kovalev.

Comment

I think this is a winnable fight for Ward but that's judging him where he was 4/5 years ago. I would go for Kovalev simply because I cant see the long periods of activity not affecting him at his age. He's 32 and hasn't had a meaningful fight in five years(and doesn't have one lined up), which isn't the best preparation for fighting someone like Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                So what ur saying is that IF Kovalev wins u wont give him no credit and have the layoff excuse? There wont be any problem with layoff since he will have tune ups so dont come with that bs.

And Kovalev jab is better than Ward jab, believe that. Ward has a great chance of winning but ur underrating Kovalev big time. For me its a 50/50 fight.
                i'll give him full credit for the win
                and no kovs jab is not better than wards kov dont have as many variants to his jabs
                and to be honest IMO its a 70-30 fight in wards favor based off of STYLES

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                  and no kovs jab is not better than wards kov dont have as many variants to his jabs
                  Lmao, "70-30"

God that cracks me up, you're obviously biased through the roof

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    People could be shocked if Ward shows up fight night the bigger & stronger guy and subsequently is able to bully Kovalev. Lets see how he looks vs Barrera (if he actually does fight Barrera).
                    yes the PED's ward uses had him throwing Froch around the ring who was the strongest SM I ever saw

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                      Thats ur opinion but I see it as a 50/50 fight. Kovalev is huge and very powerful and its not like he rushes u like a Rios. He picks his shots well and is always ready defensively. Anyways, its the best fight that can be made for boxing right now. Really hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X