Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just lost my freakin hips again! (help me? :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just lost my freakin hips again! (help me? :)

Ok Ive been practicing my punches and I got my hips working really well, I did the most powerful fluid fast flurry of punches Ive ever done.

Then for some unknown reason I start punching from my waist and my hips just stopped working. I couldnt use them anymore. It freaking weird. I had these mental cues that allowed me to use my hips properly and they dont work anymore.

So im ultra bummed!

And its not like I can simply work hard and practice and fix it, how can I practice that which I cant even move a millimeter? I literally cant rotate my hipsI try to "put out an imaginary cigerette" and I turn using my calves and my freaking obliques (torso)!

This is the hardest physical thing ive ever had to learn its close to impossible for me. Any help/ advice would be hugely apreciated!
    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-04-2013, 02:39 PM.

Do you train yourself Alexkid?

Edit: if you have the resources go to a gym and get a coach and learn properly. You can only learn so much online. Any questions and details you have your coach should be able to work on them with you no problem. From all these questions youhaveim assuming you train yourself because your coach should be able to answer any and all questions you have. If that's the case. The. Go back to repeating every step you've done and shadow box more going through whatever steps and cues you need to do to get back to where you were. That should help. Just lots of shadow boxing going over everything again so its stays ingrained in you i.e. muscle memory
    Last edited by {Pito}; 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

i concur, your trainer would be a better resource as he is right there to see what's happnin, imo speculatin, it could b that you r finally using your hips in a more effective way and they were not used to the movement so as a result they r tight n cramped. id say do what u can to loosen them,shake out n stretch, take a couple easy days n see if they dont get better.

Comment

Try swinging a baseball bat and if possible hitting a tire. Switch from right handed to lefty while focusing on hip rotation. It's always better when you have someone correcting you.

Comment

Working...
        X