Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the ref thinking in the Maccarinelli fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Did you watch the entire card? There was 3 HORRIBLE stoppages earlier that favored the Frank Warren fighter
    1) 1st stoppage in first fight where frank warrens fighter landed like 1/15 punches at end of round and ref stopped fight with like 1 sec left, the dude wasnt even hurt and it was some silly body shot, HORRIBLE STOPPAGE
    2) Ref didnt let the German dude come out even tho it was at beggining of round and the fighter wanted to fight and WASNT HURT
    3) In the other fight there was a small cut and as soon as it was landed ref paused fight and brought fighter to doctor and didnt ask for docs opinion but the REF told the DR hes stopping it, there was no blood gushing and didnt let them clean the cut. (Ref looking any reason to stop fight)

3 Horrible Stoppages that ALL favored Frank Warren so what happens in the Enzo fight? The UK guy was given benefit of the doubt AGAIN.

I laugh at the UK media crying about the ref and everything but Enzo was on his feet and was ready to go and if he stopped fight early the UK crowd wouldve killed the REF saying he wasnt hurt, etc.

Now they are crying they let it go too far, well its because of Frank Warren, I dont see the UK media crying about the other 3 fighters getting robbed of fighting even when they wanted to fight.
    1) Have to agree - dont think Dilks looked hurt at all. The ref should have allowed Dilks a chance to come back.

2) Karo Murat looked completely out of ideas in the 7th and 8th rounds and he started to take some heavy shots (Reminded me of Abraham a little) and he was backing off most of the rounds. Fair stoppage to me and he didnt seem to complain too much.

3) I watched the whole event and this was very strange - I think Jennings was working his way back into this and the cut didnt seem too bad to me. It was stopped very quickly. Surely he could have continued a few more rounds?

Enzo was gone after the first KO - I dont care what anyone says. If the earlier fights were stopped too easy then this was the reverse and wasnt stopped soon enough. Enzo could hardly stand and he stumbled straight into some nasty looking shots which he didnt need to take.

Off topic but Derek 'Del Boy' Chisora is quality

Comment

Personally I'm gonna side with the ref on this one. Yea I probably wouldn't have argued if the ref had stopped it.
      Enzo was hurt but he got up pretty quickly, he wasn't exactly staggering around, and with less than 40 seconds till the end of the round I can see why the ref gave him a chance.

The other stoppages were abit of a joke.

Comment

Enzo was on queer street no doubt, but his legs weren't staggering around so I think the ref let him have a second chance or b) the ref knew Enzo was trying to redeem himself, so give him a second chance! I mean the ref should have stopped but I don't think anyone were expecting a massacre after the knockdown.

Comment

I also think Enzo's cornermen let him down. They should've protected their fighter by pulling him out themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Chaw View Post
            What was the ref thinking in the Maccarinelli fight?
            After the first knock down he was out of it. I really dont know if it was good that his head landed on the rope after the first knock down or what. Because he got up.

But surely the ref has got to look at his eye's and his body and say he is no fit state to carry on
            He was all over the place, coulda died or brain damaged in there.
            Meronen explains here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=425456

Comment

Working...
            X