Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is american boxing at its lowest point in the history of the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    They have ward and Spence and that's literally it.

Ward is going to get banjod into retirement by kovalev, after that, HBO will start dickriding Spence to the max and try push him as the next may weather but nobody is buying that.

Their amateur system is a joke so nobody is coming through anymore, 99% of their prospects end up being busts.

They haven't had a heavyweight champ in almost 20 years and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon

I honestly don't think american boxing has ever sucked so bad.
    Yes when you have Deontay Wilder and Daniel Jacobs fighting bums I'd say it is. Than you have Mayweather Cherry Pic fights waits till fighters age while he's doping up on steroids, even Mosley doping up on Steroids

Comment

Jesse Vargas is about to become Unified Welterweight Champ when he exposes Shook Brook, then go on to face the other AMERICAN Welterweight champ Danny Garcia, and hopefully Porter whoops Fights "One Time" a Year Thurman so we can have a Undisputed WW champ by the end of 2017. But I do agree to an extent, USA boxing is on a decline. Personally its Al Haymon's fault...

Comment

Ward is going to get banjod into retirement by kovalev, after that, HBO will start dickriding Spence to the max and try push him as the next may weather but nobody is buying that.

Their amateur system is a joke so nobody is coming through anymore, 99% of their prospects end up being busts.

They haven't had a heavyweight champ in almost 20 years and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon

I honestly don't think american boxing has ever sucked so bad.
        You forgot Caleb Plant lol

Comment

One Time Thurman used to be a huge prospect. He's now a one fight a year fighter.

There's Danny Garcia also who's been off for almost five months now and there's still no fight scheduled for him.

That's what overpaying fighters for fighting semi retired opponents do to the sport. And they're wondering why investors are losing money as if it's rocket science.

Comment

It's on the low turn, but there are still some top names across all divisions.
            Wilder at HW
            Ward at LHW
            Jacobs at MW
            WW is dominated by Americans - Garcia, Bradley, Thurman.. then you even have Spence, Porter and Vargas.
            Jr WW has TC and and Broner.

Also, while you can discount them, there are several good boxers who legally moved and reside in the US but are immigrants. People like Luis Ortz, Kovalev, Golovkin, Lara are top names in their divisions.

Comment

America still has the best boxers in the world but none of them can get any recognition or title shots because they are all being ducked by Bumlovkin.

Li'l g string is destroying American boxing single-handedly. Letting him into your country was the worst mistake you yanks ever made.

Comment

Why do you hate American boxing and boxers so much? This isn't your first thread like this. Are you from England because many of them seem to hate Americans, American boxing and American boxers. I am an American with no particular loyalty to American boxing or boxers but you have gone stupid crazy in your trash fest of American boxing. You say all we have is Ward and Spence. What about Thurman, Garcia, Crawford and Santa Cruz? All very highly regarded undefeated champions. Great fighters Lara, GGG and Kovalev now live in America and fight and train in America so like it or not they are now part of American boxing. Las Vegas, not London, is still the boxing capitol of the world. All these great boxers from Russia and nearby and Cuba come to America to fight and train. They are often trained by American trainers. You don't see them moving to the UK very often do you now?

Comment

Doubtful considering we get some incarnation of this thread 2-3 times a year for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                  X