No announcement yet.

Stevens corner set him up for failure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
    I meant to say that boxers should wear the same type of boxing gloves as each other so no boxer has the advantage over the other. I don't actually mean that they should wear those tiny UFC gloves.
    Something like that would have to be boxing wide thing, and who gets to pick what gloves each division uses? It cant be that always one boxer gets to wear the other boxers gloves just to be the same or 1 is robbed of choice. YBoxing is way too fragmented in rules and the way of enforcing them to have anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      Something like that would have to be boxing wide thing, and who gets to pick what gloves each division uses? It cant be that always one boxer gets to wear the other boxers gloves just to be the same or 1 is robbed of choice. YBoxing is way too fragmented in rules and the way of enforcing them to have anything like that.
      How was it back in the day? Did boxers wear the same type of gloves? I would like to know. There just seems to be a bunch of different gloves nowadays and I wonder if it was always like this. Some gloves give a better advantage than others with the different types of padding.

Comment

How was it back in the day? Did boxers wear the same type of gloves? I would like to know. There just seems to be a bunch of different gloves nowadays and I wonder if it was always like this. Some gloves give a better advantage than others with the different types of padding.
        As far as i remember as long as both fighters agreed to the weight of the gloves it was fair game to use any brand they wanted. You have to remember some boxers like padding differently some are trying to protect their hand some want to inflict the most damage they can. You wont have much of an advantage with a broken hand no matter how hard you hit.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          This dude had pillows on his hands, I don't know about you, but if im fighting GGG, there's no way in hell that I'm wearing those triple fat goose rockem-sockem gloves he had on.

GGG's gloves looked much better and more compact, Stevens corner really need to reevaluate his choice of gloves for future fights, those were a bad choice.
          Reyes gloves described as pillows. Just when you think you've heard it all.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            As far as i remember as long as both fighters agreed to the weight of the gloves it was fair game to use any brand they wanted. You have to remember some boxers like padding differently some are trying to protect their hand some want to inflict the most damage they can. You wont have much of an advantage with a broken hand no matter how hard you hit.
            I suppose. I remember reading something a long time ago about how Roy Jones Jr. has brittle hands which is surprising because he hit like a truck at light heavyweight. Perhaps he used the more padded gloves to protect his hands and his speed added for that extra power?

Comment

I suppose. I remember reading something a long time ago about how Roy Jones Jr. has brittle hands which is surprising because he hit like a truck at light heavyweight. Perhaps he used the more padded gloves to protect his hands and his speed added for that extra power?
              RJJ did not hit like a truck at LW. he was a pot shotter.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                RJJ did not hit like a truck at LW. he was a pot shotter.
                He was no Kovalev or Stevenson but Roy Jones Jr's. 40 KOs had to come from somewhere back in his prime. 39 KOs being in his prime ending in 2002.

Comment

Man, every pro fighter I've ever known has issues with their hands. Some have more serious problems like Floyd with their hands.

And RJJ used to hit super freaking hard when he was prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
                    The inexperience of today's posters is really showing through. Thought everyone knew about Reyes gloves but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
                      Ikr!

Doesn't matter what his corner did or didn't do, Stevens was gonna get good boyed

Comment

Working...
                      X