Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG, "Andre too big for me...no..." - 2014 Geale prep fight - what did it mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I've wondered about that. If you consider the way things become lost in translation, it could mean too much in terms of skill level, or too much in terms of size. I didn't think much of it at the time because it seemed obvious Ward was too much. But, after people made a big deal about Ward v GGG, it became more relevant.

People who get upset over this quote shouldn't because Golovkin isn't going up now either so maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of 168, despite what Sanchez claims.
    Golovkin was asked if he wanted to respond to a ducking accusation by Ward and this was his reply ...

"No ... Andre is too much for me ... not today"

Clearly, what he meant was that he had nothing to say about Ward's comments.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Like you, GGG could barely speak English when he made that statement during an interview when he was getting ready to fight Geale.

His English now is obviously better than yours, because he didn't even say that Ward was too big for him.

He was asked if he wanted to respond to a statement by Ward saying that Golovkin was ducking him. His reply to that was .. "No .. Andre ... is too much for me ... not today.."

Clearly, what he meant was that he either didn't want to talk about Ward in that interview, or didn't know enough English to say what he wanted to say.
      ... obviously...

Comment

Golovkin was asked if he wanted to respond to a ducking accusation by Ward and this was his reply ...

"No ... Andre is too much for me ... not today"

Clearly, what he meant was that he had nothing to say about Ward's comments.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the video. That's what the thread is about and what my post was regarding. It's up to everyone to give their interpretation. You can't control how they interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yes, I'm very familiar with the video. That's what the thread is about and what my post was regarding. It's up to everyone to give their interpretation. You can't control how they interpret it.
          Nope, but that's what the clown who started this thread is trying to do. And when it comes to interpretation, it always helps if you quote what people actually say, rather than putting your own words into their mouths. That's the OP I'm referring to, not you.

Comment

Nope, but that's what the clown who started this thread is trying to do. And when it comes to interpretation, it always helps if you quote what people actually say, rather than putting your own words into their mouths. That's the OP I'm referring to, not you.
            You just said, "responding to a ducking question.." can you prove the conversation was regarding a "ducking" question?

As Redd said, it's all up to interpretation....if that's the case, Nelo dropping the belt has its theories the same as all the circumstances I layd out... Fighting Brook and his words pre and post fight, or asking Ward for 164.

Just be honest you damn coward.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              You just said, "responding to a ducking question.." can you prove the conversation was regarding a "ducking" question?

As Redd said, it's all up to interpretation....if that's the case, Nelo dropping the belt has its theories the same as all the circumstances I layd out... Fighting Brook and his words pre and post fight, or asking Ward for 164.

Just be honest you damn coward.
              The ducking question GGG is responding to can be clearly heard in the clip I posted. Wash the hate and prejudice out of your ears and listen to it.

Here's what to listen for, at 0.40 in the video:

"Gennady, what do you have to say to Andre Ward, who says that you're ducking him, supposedly?"

GGG ..."No ... Andre Ward ... is too much for me ... not today"

My interpretation .. "I have nothing to say about Andre Ward today, ask me something else."

And don't you dare tell me or anybody else to be honest, you forked tongued bull****ting ****.
              Last edited by kafkod; 10-20-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

You're spot on as always. Except for that small fact that he never said ward was too big.

If you want to take words out of context to spread garbage, watch Isaac. He's great at that. You're just an amateur. With time though.. All things are possible. I believe in you.

Comment

do you think if Floyd said it, ''that Golovkin is too big for him'' they'd say Floyd is a coward?

I love these kind of philosophical questions.
                  where you living under a rock....every interview of a potential fight of FMJ vs GGG the rant is "floyd is too small"; " GGG is too big";"floyd moved up 5 div, why cant GGG move up one" and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                    where you living under a rock....every interview of a potential fight of FMJ vs GGG the rant is "floyd is too small"; " GGG is too big";"floyd moved up 5 div, why cant GGG move up one" and so on...
                    He was asked if he wanted the winner of May vs Pac he said "yes!"

Comment

What does he mean he is too big for him? Is he being metaphorical? Was he referring to fame? Physical?

Cmon master Grozny, we must know. Because for every Ward hate thread surely we need to ask what Golovkin meant by this. And why 164?
                      Golovkin is a quizNear/fan boy Phaggatron. He attracts t@rds, white hope seeking casual fans, pact@rds, and other assorted freaks and weirdos.

If I left any **** heads out, no offense intended. In real time & slow motion.

I'm tired of these Phaggatrons skin tone set tripping. Most are a slap, a single slap away from Svcking chorizo.

Just telling the truth. Btw, a few pure PAC yards keep giving me red k. After I put chorizo in their mother ****ing mouth's it will be green. I've never given red
                      To any of these maricon.

Comment

Working...
                      X