No announcement yet.

Was Collazo robbed against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Ok. Stay right there - I'll be right back!
    You're an absolute joke. And im not the first one to say it. Have the bollox to back up your empty accusations instead of running away like a coward.

Hahaha its funny, I mustve really upset you. So much that you went that far to try and insult me. Now you realise your mistake and are doing a runner. Sad little man

Comment

• Hatton won the fight, 115-112. A score of 114-113 for Hatton is also reasonable, but no way did Collazo win the fight. Collazo came on later in the fight as Hatton appeared to tire, but it was too little too late.

Check the punch statistics for this fight.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 10-14-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        You're an absolute joke. And im not the first one to say it. Have the bollox to back up your empty accusations instead of running away like a coward.

Hahaha its funny, I mustve really upset you. So much that you went that far to try and insult me. Now you realise your mistake and are doing a runner. Sad little man
        Whatever makes you feel better, man. Hope the meds kick in soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Whatever makes you feel better, man. Hope the meds kick in soon.
          Still not gonna explain the comment?

You're just like your buddy, bsrizpac, cant handle a debate so resort to empty race accusations and then run away when its time to back them up.

Hope your balls drop man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tunney View Post
            Hatton won the fight, 115-112. A score of 114-113 for Hatton is also reasonable, but no way did Collazo win the fight. Collazo came on later in the fight as Hatton appeared to tire, but it was too little too late.

Check the punch statistics for this fight.
            Punch statistics can only tell you so much.

Not disagreeing that Hatton won the fight, just saying you need to be careful when using punch stats as justification for a certain result.

Comment

• thats a good point about hatton and hbo, that was their first fight in a 3 or 4 fight deal. no way hatton was gonna lose on the cards.

well collazo has to go on a nice little run, and maybe hatton will give him a rematch out there in england.
              i remember collazo stating that he would go out there in a heartbeat.

Comment

• I think they gave the champion's benefit to the challenger, because even though Hatton was the star it was Collazo who had the belt.

Comment

• close enough that it could have went either way, but hatton had the kd so i gave him the nod!

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Because I watched the fight. Hatton was landing more punches. They werent as clean or hard as Collazos - I dont think Hatton has any significant power at Welter - but they were landing.

No my point is, you can land more eye catching and cleaner blows and still lose the fight by being outworked.

Hatton landed about an average of four more punches around. And while I thought it was a very close fight, that isn't a significant amount when the other guy is landing the heavier artillary causing the more obvious damage over the course of a fight. I like Hatton and I had him winning, but I wouldn't argue with anyone who thought Collazo earned a draw or split decision. Different judges focus on different styles. While one person saw Hatton win, another is perfectly justified claiming a Collazo win. There was certainly no robbery though.

Comment

• I think we can all agree that it wasn't really a robbery, so the poll question should be:

"Who do you think won the Hatton-Collazo showdown?"

Comment

Working...
                      X