No announcement yet.

Best boxing gym in Arizona?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best boxing gym in Arizona?

I'm wondering if there are any good boxing gyms in Arizona?

I ask because I am from Canada and I may travel to Arizona in few months and I don't know the boxing scene out there...

There's a good mma gym called arizona combat sports. A guy i used to train with went down there. I know it's not a boxing gym, but it's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      There's a good mma gym called arizona combat sports. A guy i used to train with went down there. I know it's not a boxing gym, but it's legit.
      Hell no. I went there for a couple years. They had some UFC guys, who all left, and the best thing they had going for them was Gustavo Dantas BJJ, who left a long time ago also. In it's heyday it was full of attitudes and I think the owners drove everyone off.

Iron Gloves Boxing in Tempe is great. Joe and his wife are solid people. I think Pasqual trained there for a couple camps, as did Benavides. Old-school, hard-work kind of gym but also the kind of place where you can really feel like you're around family. If I hadn't have moved 45min away I'd still be in there every day.

Comment

I train on the floor of the Grand Canyon

I spar mountain lions

Comment

I would ask my brother, he lives somewhere in Scottsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post

I ask because I am from Canada and I may travel to Arizona in few months and I don't know the boxing scene out there...
            Find out what Gym Micheal Carbahal went to or The Benevidez brothers train at I know they come to California to get ready for fights but Im sure they have a gym they train at when home

Comment

The Benevidez brothers train at Central Boxing.

http://www.centralunitedgym.com/

That place is pretty hardcore so have fun!!!

Comment

I lived in downtown PHX for a while and while I never personally went there I heard good things about Rodriguez Boxing Club. On the corner of 15th Ave and Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post

you are going from Canada to Arizona? lol! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Hell no. I went there for a couple years. They had some UFC guys, who all left, and the best thing they had going for them was Gustavo Dantas BJJ, who left a long time ago also. In it's heyday it was full of attitudes and I think the owners drove everyone off.

Iron Gloves Boxing in Tempe is great. Joe and his wife are solid people. I think Pasqual trained there for a couple camps, as did Benavides. Old-school, hard-work kind of gym but also the kind of place where you can really feel like you're around family. If I hadn't have moved 45min away I'd still be in there every day.
                    Hmm, interesting...it was probably over 5 years ago now that the guy i know was there...he came back and opened his own gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X