Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Mayweather fight in December/January?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beercules View Post
    floyd should fight on the 4th of july and thanksgiving imho.

Those are american holidays. (no canadian thanksgiving doesn't count)
    so he should fight on random days during the week?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Why not. Nearly everyone is off of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Why not. Nearly everyone is off of work.
        So every other Elite fighters fights on Saturday..But Floyd should fight on random days during the week?

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          I wish I could enjoy watching him fight 3 times a year, but it won't happen.
          He would have to fight an awful opponent, that he'd get more backlash than praise. A guy like GGG gets away with KO'ing Rosado, Ishida, Macklin, Stevens. But Floyd fighting Maidana, Maidana, and let's say a mediocre fighter coming up in weight(Rosado), like Humberto Soto. Floyd would never hear the end of it.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather fighting in December is a good idea because of the Christmas shopping and family spending their money on the Holliday's.

I would like to see him fight on the 4th of July, which lands on a Saturday next year, and there's not a better American fighter then Mayweather, that I would like to see fight on that night.

The family's get together and BBQ's on the 4th of July, why not top it off with a fight and end the night with lighting up some fire works. That would be one hell of a 4th of July, for a boxing fan here in the states.

Something GBP should be pitching to the TMT team, if Canelo vs Cotto happens in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
              I don't think Mayweather fighting in December is a good idea because of the Christmas shopping and family spending their money on the Holliday's.

I would like to see him fight on the 4th of July, which lands on a Saturday next year, and there's not a better American fighter then Mayweather, that I would like to see fight on that night.

The family's get together and BBQ's on the 4th of July, why not top it off with a fight and end the night with lighting up some fire works. That would be one hell of a 4th of July, for a boxing fan here in the states.

Something GBP should be pitching to the TMT team, if Canelo vs Cotto happens in May.

mayweather vs hatton was a December fight

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                mayweather vs hatton was a December fight
                Hatton vs Mayweather was a huge fight with Ricky having a huge fan base. Your talking about back in 2007 , a lot has changed.Mayweather fighting in December is not a good idea if he fights a fighter with not that big of a fan base. Which is all that's left.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Lol that actually made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                    So that he fights 3 times a year? I think 2 times a year is not enough.

Plus he sees to have no problem fighting twice in 5 months, May-September, yet he won't fight for another 7 months.
                    The same reason most big fights don't happen in December or January (or if they do, it's very early in December): most people during the holidays are spending their money and time on things that aren't boxing. Christmas is expensive and a lot of people travel too, so they might not have tons of money to spend on $200+ tickets in Vegas.

Comment

Mayweather isn't really a draw.

He has to fight on Mexican holidays and stack his PPV undercards with Mexican and Mexican-American boxers, or they wouldn't see.

Comment

Working...
                      X