Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my shoulder ever be good to box again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
    Order some MSM powder via amazon, i could go into the science but i am tired....

Take 10 grams of this per day, and it will help heal your injury.

Suphur is a vital component of connective and all tissues/cells of the human body, it used to synthesis Gluthatione which is the human bodies master antioxidant, which in return will detox your body and improve cell function....

All damage and aging starts at the cellular level, therfore if you have any injury or health issues, you must tackle it at the root cause of the problem....

I have taken MSM in mega-dose myself afew weeks, ago i have had a dent in my leg from a athletics injury afew years back. I did not rehab or anything and i must of teared the muscle, resulting in a dent!

Well anyway the MSM began to strink/repair the dent!

Note: Its your life and you make your own choices, a winner does what ever it takes t win, educated yourself and start fighting back! and if you want try some MSM!

Note: There are no upper limits to how much MSM you can take, take 10, 20, 30 grams if you want!!
    Anyone else try MSM? Curious about it for a shoulder issue....

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Lyons View Post
      I’m a boy, 18. I never played any competitive sport before except I practiced calisthenics and did a bit of weight lifting but gave up the weightlifting after I heard about associated injuries. In May 2013 I took up boxing, my trainer is really good and has met very famous fighters. He told me I had really strong shoulders and was a very hard puncher for a rookie. I felt great, I finally found something I was good at (other than school). I didn’t think I was tough doing it or I didn’t do it to take out anger, but because I enjoyed it. It gave me confidence after I was bullied at school and didn’t realise the potential I had and felt horrible & fragile about myself back then and boxing now took my mind of my crush. My mum also gives out to me and frequently beats me and it made me feel better that I found out I was a good boxer then.

In July 2013, my mum made me learn to drive. She made fun of the way I was bad at it and insulted me. I was annoyed so I flung a stick back and forth with my right arm to beat some bushes to vent out my frustration because I had no one to talk to. Then I did a sort of ‘spinning backfist’ and I felt a fairly sore pain at the front of my shoulder. It was the first shoulder injury I ever had. I could still move it (and my biceps) fine however but it felt a bit tender & lose. Two days later, everything felt fine again and I could do pull ups no problem. The week after, I went back to boxing, and as I drew my right arm back from a light punch, it felt as if the head of my humerus ‘slided’ a bit and went ‘under’ my rear deltoid. The pain was sore but it went away completely after 10 minutes and I haven’t had any pain since this point (August 2013.)

I went to a physio who told me I tore my subscapularis. He said it was a minor tear and that I looked very strong and was surprised how it happened when he tested my other shoulder by comparison. He told me the injury was ‘subscapularis tendinitis’. He gave me some resistance exercises, range of motion exercises & stretching exercises (for the subscapularis and other rotator cuff muscles). I did exactly as he said and came back in 2 weeks. He said everything seemed much better and I theoretically should have better rotator cuff muscles than prior to the injury. I went back to college in September and took a break from everything for a month. I’ve been on the monkey bars, jumped up and grabbed the bar with my right arm, swam & shadow boxed really fast and as I stated, have had no pain at all since last August.

Last December I went back to my physio who said everything looked fine, that it was only a muscle tear and nothing to be worried about (i.e. dislocations) and to get back to what I was doing. Then he said ‘so now HOPEFULLY it should be OK’. ‘Hopefully?’ I said. He replied that there may have been damage done during the injury that a physio cannot see.

But I don’t know what to make of all this. I feel cheated that I was told everything was going to be OK and but now ‘hopefully’ it will be OK. I feel really depressed seeing all the guys who bullied me at school now take up boxing and do well at it. My mum is also taking up a gym course and is making me learn to drive again which I hate even more now that I associated it with my shoulder injury and being made fun of.

To be honest, I’ve had no pain whatsoever since 10 months ago and can box as normal. I hear clicking in both my shoulders sometimes but I never paid attention to that before the injury. I tend to be fussy so maybe I’m just paying too much attention to that aspect. I just am apprehensive to use my right arm; there’s a mental barrier I can’t overcome. I’m going to get it scanned but if its damaged my mum won’t pay for an operation. But boxing was the only thing that made me feel like I could defend myself and now I feel like it’s gone….. I can’t concentrate on my studies either because I’m in limbo and don’t know whether I should accept the fact that my shoulders damaged for life and that I should focus on my studies, or whether my shoulders OK and I should balance boxing & study out. It’s also frustrating me because I get the impression that everyone thinks I hurt my shoulder because of the boxing but I know it wasn’t that, I never had any pain before that injury whatsoever.

So will my shoulder ever be OK again? If I knew it was I would train so hard because I’d be so grateful and I’d never let anyone get the better of me again.

Sort out things with your mum or you will have shoulder problems forever!

Other than that do not buy powder crap or any similar stuff.

also:

http://meridiansoul.weebly.com/2/pos...e-to-edit.html

Comment

Working...
      X