No announcement yet.

Bold prediction - Karass beats Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold prediction - Karass beats Thurman

I'm not 100% confident in this prediction, I like Thurman, he is a good fighter.
    But people in the boxing world are buzzing a bit too much imo....

Karass will be a great learning curve for him..

Karass has 7 losses and is B grade at best, but he is a problem for anyone because of his volume punching and chin....

If Karass can take Thurman's punches he could outwork him...

Thurman seemed a bit confused when Chaves took his big punches and kept coming at him....

For all I know this could be Thurman's coming out party but I think he is underestimating Chaves....

Karass outboxes Thurman...

Karass has that length and enough activity to give him a little trouble, but that activities what's gonna get him laid out.

Thurman, KO. Flat out KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Karass has that length and enough activity to give him a little trouble, but that activities what's gonna get him laid out.

Thurman, KO. Flat out KO.
      Karass' defense is what worries me, he gets hit too much.

If he improves his defense he has a better chance.

Comment

No way. I thought Thurman's last opponent was doing well early in the fight but Soto-Karass has no chance. He simply isn't very good. He's lost every time he's stepped up against a decent fighter. I mean, every time. He doesn't have one single decent win. His best win is Berto, enough said. Soto Karass is just a tough SOB with **** load of heart but little to no skill and a lot of activity.

Thurman KO's him within 5 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by True Alpha Male View Post
          Karass' defense is what worries me, he gets hit too much.

If he improves his defense he has a better chance.
          Exactly. Leaky defense mixed in with a guy that gives you ample opportunity to land bombs on him. Against Thurman, night night.

Comment

^^

Thurman's power may be overrated....

Its mostly against bums...

Chaves took his best punches but just got worn down..

Maidana hits harder p4p than Thurman imo..

Comment

I think you must be on drugs or something. If Berto can hurt this guy then Thurman CAN KO this guy. Thurman is going to destroy this dude and that much I am positive on. I mean this dude gets hit way too easy and Thurman can box and pick his spots. Something Berto can't do. I predict this fight to only go about 5 or 6 rounds.

Comment

Thurman has a questionable chin and what are we basing Thurmans power on? Sure he can punch but who the hell is he stopping?
                Karass has a granite chin and only been down once despite fighting guys who have carried their power upto middleweight.

Call me crazy I think Thurman has very good power but its not really one punch power, hes wearing down mainly non durable opposition via accumulation. I don't think his power is quite as proven as what others are making out.

I'm not so sure Thurman bombs Karass out, I'm really not.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Thurman has a questionable chin

Comment

I think people could well be overrating Thurmans power here and underrating just how tough Karass is and just how good the guys beard is. Sure his defense is nothing to behold but boy can he take a shot.

The way people are going on you'd think hes just going to walk straight through him.

Karass is improving fight by fight. I don't feel Thurman is going to go out there and blast him clean out. I have to much respect for Karass to think this unproven puncher steamrolls him in a few rounds.
                    Hes going to have to work and he might break him down but hes going to be faced with a lot hes not had to deal with before;

A guy who isn't going into a shell the moment hes touched.
                    Somebody with length and size - Karass is a big welter.
                    A guy who is going to be throwing volume back at him and making him work every second of every minute of every round.

Comment

Working...
                    X