No announcement yet.

Taking some time off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking some time off

Looking for advice, opinions, and also what others do with regards to the following.

Right, I have got into a bit of a routine with my boxing where I am training hard 5 or 6 times a week, eating properly and consuming very little alcohol for around a period of 4 weeks.

After the 4, sometimes 5, weeks of hard training and dieting, I usually take 3 or 4 days off to completely rest my body. During my days off I tend to eat what I want and usually end up putting on 2 or 3 lbs in weight.

Now - is what I am doing OK? I do loads of research on dieting, training etc etc and it always mentions you must rest your body. But whilst I am resting, I always go for the chocolate tin and think to myself "I'll burn the weight off next week".

Am I defeating the purpose of my hard training, or is it OK to take the 3-5 days rest and do nothing?

Thanks in advance guys.

Originally posted by discodave View Post
    Looking for advice, opinions, and also what others do with regards to the following.

Right, I have got into a bit of a routine with my boxing where I am training hard 5 or 6 times a week, eating properly and consuming very little alcohol for around a period of 4 weeks.

After the 4, sometimes 5, weeks of hard training and dieting, I usually take 3 or 4 days off to completely rest my body. During my days off I tend to eat what I want and usually end up putting on 2 or 3 lbs in weight.

Now - is what I am doing OK? I do loads of research on dieting, training etc etc and it always mentions you must rest your body. But whilst I am resting, I always go for the chocolate tin and think to myself "I'll burn the weight off next week".

Am I defeating the purpose of my hard training, or is it OK to take the 3-5 days rest and do nothing?

Thanks in advance guys.
    thats very good! you are absolutely right your body needs rest, and to eat a candy bar or two when your out of the gym is fine too.

just make sure u take time of because your body needs it and not just cuz u feel like it. if you are training hard your body will need rest, and its not only okey to take time of its necessary to take time of in that case. but do it cuz your body needs it not cuz u feeel like partying or something, feel me?

Comment

Originally posted by discodave View Post

Thanks in advance guys.
      2 or 3lbs, is that it? damn man thats nothing, and pretty good. I fluctuate at least 5 everyday. usually on a random sat ill go out and drink as much as i can, and eat late night. i'll gain 7-10lbs easy the next morning i check. It takes about 3 days to get it back off.

it is good to get at least a cheat meal though, rather than a cheat day. i still have cheat days and tend to over do it. lately ive been seeing better results having just a cheat meal, eating a slice of pizza instead of a salad, but still keeping the calorie count the same. it all depends on your goals.

and 3-5 days isnt ****, as long as you get back to your normal workouts. Just dont overeat and come back heavy, it'll be that much harder to get back in.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        thats very good! you are absolutely right your body needs rest, and to eat a candy bar or two when your out of the gym is fine too.

just make sure u take time of because your body needs it and not just cuz u feel like it. if you are training hard your body will need rest, and its not only okey to take time of its necessary to take time of in that case. but do it cuz your body needs it not cuz u feeel like partying or something, feel me?
        Thanks mate.

Thing is, I've been eating a few chocolate bars, as well as having very fatty foods for my dinner the past 4 days, ie - fried foods, chips etc.

Totally agree about having plenty rest though, I think a lot of folk on this forum underestimate this.

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
        2 or 3lbs, is that it? damn man thats nothing, and pretty good. I fluctuate at least 5 everyday. usually on a random sat ill go out and drink as much as i can, and eat late night. i'll gain 7-10lbs easy the next morning i check. It takes about 3 days to get it back off.

it is good to get at least a cheat meal though, rather than a cheat day. i still have cheat days and tend to over do it. lately ive been seeing better results having just a cheat meal, eating a slice of pizza instead of a salad, but still keeping the calorie count the same. it all depends on your goals.

and 3-5 days isnt ****, as long as you get back to your normal workouts. Just dont overeat and come back heavy, it'll be that much harder to get back in.
        I weigh myself every Friday morning after I have taken a piss, and usually if I have ate a load of junk food and had large amounts of alocohol on 1 or 2 nights, I usually find that I have put on about 3 lbs, yeah.

I am going back to boxing tonight. I expect to be a bit more sluggish than I was last week, and to get gassed out that little bit quicker, but I will be pushing myself hard and I should be back to normal by this time next week I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
        X