No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua reveals sparring 'war' with Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Oh I see. Seems a little strange Fury talking about an unknown being heavyweight champ one day, unless Fury was specifically asked about Josh!
    Before there was a potential Fury vs Joshua fight on the cards, Fury was pretty complimentary of Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Before there was a potential Fury vs Joshua fight on the cards, Fury was pretty complimentary of Joshua

So we should take Furys comments on josh just being a body builder with no jab and no footwork with a pinch of salt.
      Fury seems to have made up his mind on Josh long before the whyte and martin fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        So we should take Furys comments on josh just being a body builder with no jab and no footwork with a pinch of salt.
        Fury seems to have made up his mind on Josh long before the whyte and martin fights.
        For sure.

Look at the difference between the way Fury acted to Klitschko before the fight compared to afterwards.

He's promoting himself and the fights.

If he fought Joshua, win or lose, he would be respectful after the fight, unless something serious happened in the build up

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Depending which McDermott fight it was either just before Fury 'won' (I use the term loosely for this fight) the English belt, or just before he won the British.

If it was before the 1st Mcdermott fight then Fury was well out of shape and went on to look like crap in the fight
          Fury out of shape ? What and that makes a difference when your facing a green amatuer who has only been boxing for a year ...a pros a pro and novice amatuer is a novice amatuer .....a professional boxer should always school a novice amatuer no matter how out of shape he is ...I hope they fight soon so we all see how brutally Joshua knocks fury out .....it ain't gonna be pretty

Comment

anthony joshua is 10x more roided out of his mind now.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Fury out of shape ? What and that makes a difference when your facing a green amatuer who has only been boxing for a year ...a pros a pro and novice amatuer is a novice amatuer .....a professional boxer should always school a novice amatuer no matter how out of shape he is ...I hope they fight soon so we all see how brutally Joshua knocks fury out .....it ain't gonna be pretty
              Not only that but Joshua wasnt even 21 i think ,thats a big differance in physical maturity"not mental in Furys case" here. Its kind of like when Holyfield had all he could handle when he sparred a 16 year old Tyson and Holyfield was much more mature,except AJ is going to be in his prime and its not going to go good for Fury if they meet in a sanctioned bout.

Comment

Reading between the lines of the **** talk they've been coming out with about each other lately, there is obviously mutual respect between Fury and AJ.

I'm sure AJ knows that Fury would be a real tough fight for him, even if some of his fans don't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Not only that but Joshua wasnt even 21 i think ,thats a big differance in physical maturity "not mental in Furys case" here. Its kind of like when Holyfield had all he could handle when he sparred a 16 year old Tyson and Holyfield was much more mature,except AJ is going to be in his prime and its not going to go good for Fury if they meet in a sanctioned bout.
                  Fact check: Fury is only one year older than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Fact check: Fury is only one year older than AJ.
                    Are you really that dumb kafkod tell me ...look I boxed for 12 years....from the age of 15 till I was 27, you have to learn all the fundamentals of boxing before you even sent into a ring to do light sparring...I would say 6 months minimum and I would say at earliest 8 months before your trainer even considers carding you up to have your first fight amatuer...ur talking about a fighter that was literally brought in from the street chucked into the ring with a pro boxer and yet he literally held his own.....and that's with no experience and no pro conditioning ..that shows levels of athletisim and more natural ability and I'm telling you now when joshua gets tyson in the ring he will rip him to pieces ....tyson furys knows this and I doubt he will even be around to face anthony joshua ... I just don't think he has the mental capacity to remain at the top

Comment

Are you really that dumb kafkod tell me ...look I boxed for 12 years....from the age of 15 till I was 27, you have to learn all the fundamentals of boxing before you even sent into a ring to do light sparring...I would say 6 months minimum and I would say at earliest 8 months before your trainer even considers carding you up to have your first fight amatuer...ur talking about a fighter that was literally brought in from the street chucked into the ring with a pro boxer and yet he literally held his own.....and that's with no experience and no pro conditioning ..that shows levels of athletisim and more natural ability and I'm telling you now when joshua gets tyson in the ring he will rip him to pieces ....tyson furys knows this and I doubt he will even be around to face anthony joshua ... I just don't think he has the mental capacity to remain at the top
                      Read what you wrote there Steve: "you have to learn all the fundamentals of boxing before you even sent into a ring to do light sparring...I would say 6 months minimum ..."

Followed immediately by this: "ur talking about a fighter that was literally brought in from the street chucked into the ring with a pro boxer ....."

Now I'm asking you seriously mate ... what kind of sense do those 2 statements make if you read them one after the other, the way you wrote them?

I'm also an ex boxer, and I know better than to try and predict the outcome of a competitive fight on the basis of anacdotal accounts of a single sparring session between 2 guys of widely different experience levels. I'm surprised you don't know better than that yourself.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 05-17-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X