Miguel Cotto overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Overrated by some, underrated by many.

With a fighter like Cotto I feel he'd actually get more credit if he ducked. A lot echo well hes lost most of his big fights. That is because he fights the best and all these bad style match ups, he don't duck anybody.

Pac, Floyd, Trout, Margs, Sergio even a lesser fighter in say Judah just bad style match ups but he dares to be great.

One things for sure nobody can say he ducked so and so or didn't fight the best of his era.
    Yeah - Margarito, Mayweather, and Pacquiao were all absolutely horrible style matchups for him. Had he ducked those fights and remained unbeaten today he'd be in the top 3 P4P and everybody would be saying he was an ATG.

But his giant ballsack doesn't allow him to duck anybody. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to fight Canelo, GGG, or Chavez Jr if he finds a way to beat Sergio.

He's just that type of fighter.

Comment

Who has he beat since Afonso Gomez?

Not a single person worth Mentioning and that was back in 2008 over 6 years or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        His resume is underrated on here and I hate hearing that Mosley and Clottey weren't clear wins. The majority CLEARLY had Cotto wining both of those fights.

And they only one who makes him out to be a legend on here is me and Da Boxer. Saturday will just confirm what we both know.

Nice avy What a bitch.
        I thought he beat Mosley 7-5 close but clear. I think the vast majority of people had Cotto winning that one.

Thought he lost to Clottey though and I think there was just as many people who thought Clottey won as they did Cotto.

Comment

clottey beat him to a pulp

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post

Not a single person worth Mentioning and that was back in 2008 over 6 years or so ago.

Joshua Clottey who just went up in weight and beat ''The man'', The myth, The legend; Anthony Mundine.

Comment

He beat your boy Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                clottey beat him to a pulp
                Yeah he did.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  He beat your boy Tony.
                  Anybody could have beat that version of Tony, that dude was too busy trying to pick up his eye instead of fighting lol and even then he busted Cotto up and had him loosing up, Tony was priming em for the kill in the championship rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I thought he beat Mosley 7-5 close but clear. I think the vast majority of people had Cotto winning that one.

Thought he lost to Clottey though and I think there was just as many people who thought Clottey won as they did Cotto.
                    I can't see anyway Clottey won 7 rounds and with the KD in the 1st, he needed at least 7 to win on the judges' cards. That KD is forgotten by most, but it was a huge point.

Comment

Anybody could have beat that version of Tony, that dude was too busy trying to pick up his eye instead of fighting lol and even then he busted Cotto up and had him loosing up, Tony was priming em for the kill in the championship rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X