Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a more boring fighter in the sport than andre ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Rigondeaux and Lara
    Wlad and Fury
    wouldnt say fury is as boring as that lot, him v cunningham was entertaining, , obviously klitschko v fury was a stinker but hes had some decent enough scraps.

Comment

Ward is not a boring fighter, why can't people appreciate fighters that are not GGG's or Ricky Hatton's style.

Comment

It's one thing to be "boring" and use skills against guys like Donaire or Postol. Tactical D, movement, and strategic fire power, minimize damage, etc. That I could watch all day.

Being "boring" against a club fighter and going 12 like Ward does is not watchable. Who the **** appreciates that? It's like watching Barcelona win 1-0 against an MLS team. You do that to Real Madrid. You smash supremely inferior competition.

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
          None of these fights are more boring than Ward-Green. Casual fans smdh.
          yeah, plus the thing with hopkins v kovalev is that hopkins had a reason to fight that negatively cause he was in danger of getting seriously hurt. Its worse when you are so much superior to opponent but are still unwilling to take any sort of risk

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            Ward is not a boring fighter, why can't people appreciate fighters that are not GGG's or Ricky Hatton's style.
            Casual fan how about you sit through Ward vs Green..The whole ****ty thing. After you're done watch Kessler leave Greens carcass on the ring mat.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
              It's one thing to be "boring" and use skills against guys like Donaire or Postol. Tactical D, movement, and strategic fire power, minimize damage, etc. That I could watch all day.

Being "boring" against a club fighter and going 12 like Ward does is not watchable. Who the **** appreciates that? It's like watching Barcelona win 1-0 against an MLS team. You do that to Real Madrid. You smash supremely inferior competition.
              yeah exactly this ^

Comment

Every fight of his is like watching a replay.
                It really is like watching the same mundane affair over and over again. No matter who you put in there it could be Carl Froch or your nextdoor neighbour he'll still find a way to make it be the same borefest.

Load of feinting & posturing with the occasional jab and nothing else behind it.
                No right hand, no left hook off of it, no combinations.

Bores me ****less watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
                  yeah, plus the thing with hopkins v kovalev is that hopkins had a reason to fight that negatively cause he was in danger of getting seriously hurt. Its worse when you are so much superior to opponent but are still unwilling to take any sort of risk
                  That's the whole point. When you're that good ruining a fight is a choice. Sorry but "stare at my feet" Allen Green wasn't a threat then.

Comment

To me, it was a master piece performance, I know the odds of the fight, but Ward is great skilled boxer.

I would criticize him, if he had fought a fighter 2 weights below him. anyway, the big fight is coming in November.

Comment

The guy won't even commit to throwing a powershot. Say whatever about Floyd Mayweather or Rigondeaux and the likes that get labelled boring at least they open up, they'll attack the body, they throw uppercuts and such they are far better offensively than Ward.

His offensive arsenal is limited as **** he is just a great jabber with a high ring I.Q

Very good at jockeying & using his jab to control range and the tempo.

IMO he is a much more limited Bernard Hopkins I sure as hell ain't under the illusion this guy is P4P #1
                      He is noway near as skilled as Roman Gonzalez, Rigondeaux & the likes.

Comment

Working...
                      X