No announcement yet.

Lets cut the crap, all this nonsense about "hes getting in his head"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    It's not only referred to Floyd and his fights as you state. Hopkins is notorious for getting into his opponent's heads. Recently, Angel Garcia was inside Khan's head and made him fight out of character and it cost him dearly. Duran did it to Leonard in their first fight. Ali did it to all his opponents. Tyson would instill fear into most of his opponents and they'd lose the fight before they even stepped foot inside the ring. And so on and so forth, but of course make everything about Floyd.
    excellent response!

Comment

It's not only referred to Floyd and his fights as you state. Hopkins is notorious for getting into his opponent's heads. Recently, Angel Garcia was inside Khan's head and made him fight out of character and it cost him dearly. Duran did it to Leonard in their first fight. Ali did it to all his opponents. Tyson would instill fear into most of his opponents and they'd lose the fight before they even stepped foot inside the ring. And so on and so forth, but of course make everything about Floyd.
      Can you point me to all the posts about other fighters getting inside their opponents heads? Because nobody ever really says anything regarding it.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
        Your infatuation with what I post is even worse.

I don't give two ****s about what you post about. Why are you worried about mine?
        This is the first time I've responded to you ever I believe

Only recently noticed your constant non-stop posting about Floyd.

Comment

That's something I've also noticed.

Someone the other day actually said that the term "Pure boxer" was formed by Mayweather fans in some conspiracy to give Mayweather credit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            That's something I've also noticed.

Someone the other day actually said that the term "Pure boxer" was formed by Mayweather fans in some conspiracy to give Mayweather credit.
            You know most fans dont care about the history of the sport... so sad...

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
              Can you point me to all the posts about other fighters getting inside their opponents heads? Because nobody ever really says anything regarding it.
              Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
              Hey its not Angels fault that khan let him get the better of him, if Angel want to check his raps and team Molina allows it then it ok. Khan has to be mentaly and phiscaly really for anything. If Angel got inside of his head that aint nobody fault but his own, its all part of the boxing game.
              Originally posted by ManUtd626 View Post
              You are right. But he is also quite effective at pushing buttons of young fighters and getting them riled up. How much did his "trolling" get inside of Khan's head and caused Khan to be too aggressive, we don't know, but there is obviously some bad blood between these guys. I know I would like to watch the hand wrapping of khan because if Angel is there something is going to happen.
              Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
              Yeah, Angel needs to oversee the wrapping of Khan's hands. Because we all know what a brutal KO artist Khan is. I mean in the past Khan has broken orbital bones, ribs and has had opponents pissing blood. If Danny hadn't have got that lucky shot in Khan would have sent him to the hospital. Maaaan this is BS. Angel is just going to go in there talk crap and get into Khan's head. Can't stand this *******.
              Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              He might get into Khan's head again but Khan should be used to it by now. Anyway, Khan will have his way with Molina, who doesn't really have the power to trouble him.
              Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
              No, Angel is specifically pushing their buttons.

He knows Danny's style, and hes getting in their head to open them up.
              Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
              What Leonard has said and has become common knowledge is that Leonard fought the wrong fight against Duran, letting Roberto get into his head with his mental warfare, SRL wanting to prove his manhood, etc...and fighting too much on the inside and trading too much.

I agree to an extent, but I think Duran's footwork and pressure forced him to do so. While Leonard has gotten a reputation as this dancer, the only fights in which I saw him really dance on his toes and fight on the backfoot and move consistently, were the Duran rematch, and Hagler. Leonard was mostly a flat-footed boxer who circled, boxed behind his jab, in an extremely relaxed style, and opened up with quick devastating combos (and finishing hurt guys with the best of them). Duran was all over Leonard like Charlie Sheen on a whore. What do you do when the guy is all over you, swarming, on the ropes? You fight out. There were times when Leonard had success boxing and circling, and leaping in with brilliant lead left hooks on Duran's face. Eventually Duran would get to him though with his pressure and slippery moves and force him to fight.

While you can say that Leonard did fight the wrong fight, it's not as if he changed his style for this first fight. What made it the wrong plan is that he DIDN'T CHANGE HIS STYLE in Montreal. He changed his style for the rematch (Duran's party habits are another story) and fought the right fight that time.
              Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              Lmaooo zab going to get ktfo they already got in Zabs head
              Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
              Yeah but Zab has to also maintain his composure and fight smart.Angel Garcia telling the truth about Zab might also be a way for Garcia to get in Zab`s head so Zab can go out there and fight reckless then boom Garcia catches Zab and Ko`s him.It worked for Tarver against Roy Jones after Tarver said "got any excuses tonight Roy".I believe that was done so Roy would lose his composure and fight reckless.
              Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
              I wonder what angle Bernard will take with Pascal, how will he go at him. Will he play the young angle, will he talk about how he lost to a seemingly one dimensional Froch, will he point out the things that Pascal doesnt do well. Cant wait for the pressers.
              Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              b-hop gets inside his head and wins the fight imo
              You are welcome.
              Last edited by FeFist; 09-08-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Its gonna be a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

You are welcome.
                  and that ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap.

Comment

The mind games are their to remind them they're fighting the best guy in the world its when they are in the ring and its reality they find themselves 4 rounds down and they lose hope

Comment

I think Floyd has got into TS head, jesus look at his name, sig, everything is dedicated to one man

come on who does this type of ****?

Also glad someone just owned him

Comment

Working...
                      X