No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Burns, Emanuel Steward, Morales, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Burns, Emanuel Steward, Morales, More

James DeGale, David Price and Tony Jefferies all medalled for Great Britain at the 2008 Beijing Olympics but it’s commonly accepted that Birmingham southpaw Frankie Gavin was the most gifted boxer on that squad. Alas, ‘Funtime Frankie’ – still the only Brit to win a world amateur title when he triumphed in Chicago at 2007 – failed the weight in China when he was a hot favourite to bring home the gold medal.

After signing with me in February 2009, the pride of Brum exploded onto the pro scene, stopping eight of his first nine opponents and effortlessly adding more spite and body punching to the brilliant skills, speed and footwork that made him literally untouchable in the amateur code. It seemed he was heading for the very top, very quickly.

But last year the little magician encountered serious family related personal problems which led to a loss of focus and consequent loss of form. After two victorious but decidedly average performances for the WBO InterContinental title, Frankie cried off the night before he was due to headline a live BoxNation show at the York Hall last October. I wasn’t happy. He needed to sort himself out and I told him as much. Bluntly! [Click Here To Read More]

E. S. RIP , u will b missed ALL ova d world

Comment

"Three guys I don't promote won medals at the Olympics, but everyone knows the guy I promote is actually better than all of them"

Comment

Warren co-promoted Barrera-Morales I? Did not know that.

Comment

Warren promoted MAB for a while, he fought in the UK a couple of times, but I didn't know he had anything to do with Morales-Barrera. The banners above the ring only say 'Top Rank' and 'HBO Sports', no mention of Warren.

Comment

Plagiarism

Is seems like Warrens last segment of Emmanuel was some how copied and pasted from a different website, word by word.

Comment

Working...
            X