Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is the new Japanese middleweight who signed with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    He's fighting a guy with 29 pro bouts in his debut? Man that's crazy... At least we know he's going to move quickly (unlike freaking Shiming)
    lol i cant stand the Shiming guy for some reason. maybe if he wins BIG ill start to take him seriously but nothing about him wins me over?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Ryota Murata, he was a very succesful amateur and won gold in 2012 but personally I wasn't impressed with him particularly. Hes a pressure fighter with no power and seems to get shaken up everytime hes hit.

I don't think he'll go too far that said I don't think that Zou Shimming will either.

I haven't seen an awful lot of either but from what I have I wasn't impressed.
      Where are you getting that he has no power he has pop from what i'v seen. He wears guys down in 3 round fights watch his 2011 one against Florentino Falcao. Smaller gloves and 12 rounds i think he'll be very effective.

Originally posted by No1 View Post
      I think the age thing will hold him back. Then again MW isnt great at the moment and the guy has a good pro style. I can see good things for him, he has an entertaining style and throws lots of punches. I think his power is decent, he stopped the guy in his semi final in london and put a proper beat down on the other guys he fought.
      He's 27 and being fast tracked that's more than enough time. I think he's a real prospect although Golovkin would be a nightmare for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
        Um he may be racist, but what he said isn't exactly racist. For all we know Arum could be following the Chris John route with Shiming, it seems like he's not focusing on America anymore.
        I agree.... see how much Shiming filled in that venue?
        Jesus..... and his ratings on T.V where evidently good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          green k bro for the 411.

so is he getting love/hype in Japan? here in the states non of my Japanese or Asian friends know who he is yet. but they also arent big boxing fans
          His gold medal win was well covered in the media, and was certainly a big deal over here. There is ample coverage of his debut, as well.

I think they are throwing him in way too deep and I am worried that the bar is being set way too high based on his Olympic gold. I'm not surprised by it, but I think there is a good chance it will shorten his career. But, I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
            His gold medal win was well covered in the media, and was certainly a big deal over here. There is ample coverage of his debut, as well.

I think they are throwing him in way too deep and I am worried that the bar is being set way too high based on his Olympic gold. I'm not surprised by it, but I think there is a good chance it will shorten his career. But, I guess time will tell.
            His style will ensure a short career anyway so why waste time. I agree his debut opponent seems too much though.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief
              Quote:

Originally Posted by D-MiZe

Come on, you ain't really that naive and ignorant man.

He is a big racist. Loves black people and hates Asian's.
              Err no. He loves blacks and hates anyone else. The dude is a c0cksucker.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

That sparring session was quite serious, I expected some light punches but they were really going at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  His style will ensure a short career anyway so why waste time. I agree his debut opponent seems too much though.
                  I just think that the bar is set way high, because of his fame from the Olympics. This is sort of typical for Japan I feel. It use to be that way more so in the US as well, and we can occasionally see this kind of thing in other countries. He needs to be moved along at a pace that allows him to establish himself at the professional level. But, I guess the expectations based on his exploits in the amateur style are just way over bloated. I don't see him winning this fight, to be frank. And I see him probably having a very short career.

I guess if he does win the fight, it could set him on the fast track. But than again, I'm not sure that he will step back, and he will probably just get beat in short order. I suppose, if he fights on the domestic scene for a while, he could become established. But, I'm just questioning the management here.

Comment

Working...
                  X