Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to practice hip movement directly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good idea to practice hip movement directly?

Ok Im starting to get better at using my hips again. But ive got a long way to go I reckon.

I was wondering is it a good idea to practice rotating the hips by themselves since for me thats the hardest motion to get down in a boxing punch.

Normally you focus on a cue like "putting out a cigerette" and you focus on the foot in order to get the hips moving.

This also gets the legs working to power the rotation and drive the punch with extra power.

Thing is I find the leg drive and pointing the feet etc the easy part ie I have lots of control over my legs and feet just not my hips, and the cues are supposed to get the hips moving but for me they often dont work and I just move my legs and waist and my hips stay still.

So I was wondering do you think its a good Idea to rotate my hips by themselves over and over till my nervious system wires them up, then I can add what im supposed to do with my legs and feet alter.

Good idea or bad idea? n Why?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM.

Alex, I seriously think that trying to put over in words is a poor substitute for real teaching. Therefore as most people at some stage visit London one visit to me will be worth a million words. You have my number give me a call and save yourself a ton of questions that you won't get answers to .

Lee

Comment

Working...
    X