No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Destroys Paul Smith in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves Destroys Paul Smith in Two Rounds

Wembley Arena, London - George Groves (14-0, 11KOs) stopped Paul Smith (31-3, 17KOs) in two rounds to retain the British and Commonwealth super middleweight titles. After controlling nearly the entire first round, Smith caught Groves with a hard right hand in the final ten seconds to shake him up. In the second round, Groves fired a few punches, with a right hand that caught Smith sleeping and put him down hard. Smith got up, appeared very hurt, and got dropped very quickly for the second time - as the referee waved it off.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn't like the stoppage. I thought the ref should have given Smith the 8 count after the second knockdown. Great performance by Groves though..

Comment

I didn't like the stoppage either. Either way, it looked as if Groves would have won anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I didn't like the stoppage. I thought the ref should have given Smith the 8 count after the second knockdown. Great performance by Groves though..
        he was gone boston,the first knock down was clean on the chin,he was all over the place

Comment

Shouldn't have been allowed to continue after the first one imo. Anyone else see Frank Warren waving has hands shouting no stop to GG just before 2nd KD?

Comment

not surprised he won,but am a little that he did it in 2,impressive from Groves

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              he was gone boston,the first knock down was clean on the chin,he was all over the place
              This is a boxing and this was a title fight. The fighters should be given the benefit of the doubt. Smith looked fine protesting the stoppage so I don't think he was hurt that bad...

Comment

This is a boxing and this was a title fight. The fighters should be given the benefit of the doubt. Smith looked fine protesting the stoppage so I don't think he was hurt that bad...
                Boxers are proud guys . I'm not surprised he protested but the second shot wasn't nearly as devastating as the first and he go put down straight away . His legs were gone and a Groves victory was assured.

Comment

Bloody Americans. You would think a fight should only be stopped when a fighters unconscious, twitching on the floor.

Comment

His legs was gone for minutes AFTER it was stopped. He was totally gone and didn't know WTF had hit him.

Good stoppage!

Comment

Working...
                    X