No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson vs. Odlanier Solis RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IIG View Post
    Perez has a more fan friendly style, but I think Solis beats him. I still believe Solis is one of the top heavyweights in the world, and I definitely think he'd score a wide UD over Thompson.
    Perez is more fan friendly but Solis is definitely better. Not nearly as sure about Thompson though, even an aged one. Someone said it would be like the Austin Solis fight and I think that's accurate. Even more so the Thompson Pulev fight. Thompson starts strong, winning most of the early rounds, eventually gasses and Solis narrowly UD's him or maybe gets a tko.

Comment

I am quite excited about this fight. Solis is a very skilled boxer but Thompson will definitely be a challenge for him. Solis is still the favourite in my opinion.

Comment

If this fight goes through, it's Solis. And here's something you never hear me say: "It'll be easy." Thompson is too slow to deal with the underachieving but talented "Sombra."

Comment

Perez has a more fan friendly style, but I think Solis beats him. I still believe Solis is one of the top heavyweights in the world, and I definitely think he'd score a wide UD over Thompson.
          Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
          Perez is more fan friendly but Solis is definitely better. Not nearly as sure about Thompson though, even an aged one. Someone said it would be like the Austin Solis fight and I think that's accurate. Even more so the Thompson Pulev fight. Thompson starts strong, winning most of the early rounds, eventually gasses and Solis narrowly UD's him or maybe gets a tko.
          I like Perez a lot more than Solis, but Odlanier is simply better. He's the best hope for a Cuban heavyweight champion, which is sad....

Comment

Solis is certainly a lot better than Perez.

Comment

Well im going by what they have actually shown in terms of the opposition they've faced and how they have handled it in the ring, and not their potential skill level i will stick with Perez over Solis because Solis is just a case of should have could have would have simply wasted talent. Right now Perez win over Mago > Every win Solis has, until he gets in there with quality opposition and shows he is dedicated enough to boxing to cut down to at least three big macs a day i cant be a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                Solis is certainly a lot better than Perez.
                I was wondering, who has Solis beat to make you say that. That DQ win over Ray Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by miamike View Post
                  I was wondering, who has Solis beat to make you say that. That DQ win over Ray Austin?
                  Solis doesn't get hit as much as Perez. He pretty much doesn't get hit at all. Also, he hits harder. The skill difference is pretty apparent. They're both awesome though. Add Luis Ortiz to that list too.

Solis is going to beat Thompson easily. I respect Thompson enough to say that he'll survive to the end, but he's definitely going to lose.

Comment

I was hoping for Thompson vs Fury.

This is a good fight fight on paper though. Question is whether Solis will be in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Good fight if it happens.

Wonder what shape/weight Odlanier will come in at.
                      Expect upwards of 260lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X