No announcement yet.

"If he didn't run out of gas he would have won"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
    Calzaghe was the only fighter to make Hopkins look his age. Pascal couldn't do it, I think Dawson would be a problem to a Hopkins of any age tho. I think Dawson beats Hopkins, but Dawson has to fight smart even if its not crowd pleasing to watch.
    I cannot agree with the bold. The fight was razor thin & could have gone either way.JC was more active, but he didn't dominate in the slightest. Jc outworked B-Hop, throwing more & missing more, but he did not dominate that fight.

Comment

Mayweather said this with his own mouth!!!!

Comment

this is the punch that completely changed that fight, 4th Round with 0:54 seconds left... at the 9:30 mark

it was a fake lead right followed by a quick left hook to the body, it was so quick that the announcers didn't even catch it, but you can see from Judah's reaction that it was a punch that made him VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! After he felt that...HE FOLDED!
        Last edited by sicko; 09-16-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Only thing Ill give Judah is he gave Floyd his toughest 4 rounds in recent years as far as landing crisp shots. Zab's speed was pretty effective early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            What people forget is that boxing is a 12 round sport so if you cant fight for 12 rounds you are an inferior fighter.One other reason why people cant fight on the stretch is the shots they will be getting through the fight
            LOL EXACTLY, IF YOU TAKE JUDAH AND PUT HIM IN TAHT RING BY HIMSELF HE WOULDNT FADE RIGHT??

I had to always explain this during football season, you would have a team that would choke under pressure, and as sure as **** stinks you would have one fanboy talking about they nearly won the game and that the defense of the other team is extremely poor.

I then ask, well would your wide receiver had dropped that ball if no one was covering him??

Its easy as 1,2,3!!!! Getting hit in the body causes you to lose steam, how in the hell do you lose steam when you should be training for 12 rounds and not x4??

AS FLOYD STATED JUDAH JUST WAS NOT DISCIPLINED.

NO ONE WOULD TIRE OUT LIKE THEY DO IF THEY WERE IN THE RING BY THEMSELVES SO BY DEFAULT IT HAS TO BE THE OPPOSITION....

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Totally depends on the circumstances, in some cases it could be a true statement, other times it isn't.

For example if Hopkins didn't run out of gas against calzaghe in the late rounds due to him being old, he probably would have won on the judges scorecards.

Judah always fades late even in his prime so you're right about him.
              joes workrate wore him down....i dont see him fading in any other fights

Comment

Working...
              X