No announcement yet.

Nature vs Nurture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature vs Nurture

hello, i would like to know which factor people think is more important, please discuss because i think some of the answers will be very interesting

nature. some people just dont have the genes for some things. if you dont work hard you wont suceed, but no amount to training can take you past what your body can do.

Comment

champions are born is what i always say, i know it's true cuz i've always had flawless technique and natural instincts for boxin or any sport really

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
        champions are born is what i always say, i know it's true cuz i've always had flawless technique and natural instincts for boxin or any sport really
        Yeah I agree. It's something you are born with. You can practice all you want but if you have no athletic ability then well, let's face it, you're going to suck.

Comment

It depends how much natural talent and how much training and hard work we are talking about. There are so many areas you can be talented in.

If you are moderately talented, you can probably get to match it with more talented guys through hard work, although it may take longer.

But yeah, if you have no talent, then there isn't really much hope.

The really really gifted guys, can never really be beaten by the guys with no talent. but they can be beat by the moderately talented guys who work hard.

Comment

I co-sign this ^^^

Comment

a smart person with no talent can work hard and become amazing.

an idiot has to rely on natural talent.

Comment

I think both are important the situations have to be right even for the great ones. Take a look at Ali, he had great Natural ability but if the right person at the right time had not of introduced him to boxing he may not have taken the sport up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  a smart person with no talent can work hard and become amazing.

an idiot has to rely on natural talent.
                  athleticism is intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
                    athleticism is intelligence
                    i disagree, athleticism can come from intelligence it is not intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                    X