Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the best knowledgeable unbiased poster on Boxing Scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    This guy right here deserves a mention.

People don't realise because he loves a joke and is genuinely one of the funniest guys on here.

When it get's down to talking boxing, Mak is up there with everyone. Especially the 1980's. We've had some great discussions on the 80's.

thanks, man...

there's so much stupidity in boxing forums nowadays that i just try to find humor in things...the good ole days of sharing intelligent views and opinions are just a memory and rarely happen now

but posters such as yourself, and a few others that were mentioned here still give this older boxing head a reason to skim these boards

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      excuse me......
      you are one of the best my man.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        I was absent for about 5 months so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ok, ill break it down a little my friend but im gonna be off in like 5 min.

I already mentioned froch who i feel is an example. Skills are not necessarily the end all be all. You can get outskilled and win a fight. If you win, you won.

I feel you give floyd passes for not fighting people cuz of politics when ranking him atg wise and you hold many other fighters in such high regard for their comp/resumes. So maybe inconsistent is a better word.

Im distracted bigtime right now cuz im in a house with 6 kids...but i had another example that will come back to me.
        If you'd been here the last month or so you'd see how much I've been defending Froch. I may not like the guy, hell, I hate the guy. But he's earnt my respect and I've been defending him constantly on here. Getting into heated discussions defending him, at that.

As for Mayweather, he's a guy I'm a big fan of but I've given him his fair share of criticism also. I've argued with Mayweather die hards for the fact he avoided Johnston and Margarito to the extent where I've been called a "Mayweather hater".

I've also questioned his motives when in at both camps fault for a fight not happening (Similar to Pacquaio-Mayweather) like the whole Mayweather-Casamayor debacle at the start of the 00's.

But the fact is he hasn't "avoided" the people many claim he did I.e Kosta Tszyu, Spadafora, etc so obviously I'm going to question statments saying he did. I wouldn't call that "giving him a pass".

If Mayweather avoids a fighter, which he has done in his career, I call him out on it and have done so.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          you are one of the best my man.
          awe shucks.....thanks Kadyo

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            If you'd been here the last month or so you'd see how much I've been defending Froch. I may not like the guy, hell, I hate the guy. But he's earnt my respect and I've been defending him constantly on here. Getting into heated discussions defending him, at that.

As for Mayweather, he's a guy I'm a big fan of but I've given him his fair share of criticism also. I've argued with Mayweather die hards for the fact he avoided Johnston and Margarito to the extent where I've been called a "Mayweather hater".

I've also questioned his motives when in at both camps fault for a fight not happening (Similar to Pacquaio-Mayweather) like the whole Mayweather-Casamayor debacle at the start of the 00's.

But the fact is he hasn't "avoided" the people many claim he did I.e Kosta Tszyu, Spadafora, etc so obviously I'm going to question statments saying he did. I wouldn't call that "giving him a pass".

If Mayweather avoids a fighter, which he has done in his career, I call him out on it and have done so.
            You're completely missing the point. Reread my last post.

Comment

ElBossHogg is probably the most 100% poster here

Comment

I can think of a whole lot of guys that can and usually can post unbiased opinions about fights and fighters. Many have been named here and a few replied here.

I guess we all have our moments and all are biased at one time or another. It is obvious which posters have agendas as well and somehow a couple of those names appeared here aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  You're completely missing the point. Reread my last post.
                  Honestly youre Floyd hate is coked out hate not justified hate. Not sure if your disllike of floyd has some psychological truama behind it from childhood or, you just have that old man attitude like Merchant. "Damn these young punks they got no respect!" Safe to say Floyd avoided Margo but if your saying cotto and tszyu or manny than its safe to say your just hating.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    I can think of a whole lot of guys that can and usually can post unbiased opinions about fights and fighters. Many have been named here and a few replied here.

I guess we all have our moments and all are biased at one time or another. It is obvious which posters have agendas as well and somehow a couple of those names appeared here aswell.
                    You're one of the best in my book T.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      You're one of the best in my book T.
                      Thanks man I thought of you too. I held off naming all you guys that should be named here because there are alot of you. I would have messed many that deserved mention here.

Comment

Working...
                      X