No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – An Apologetic ‘No’ for Arturo Gatti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    In or not, Gatti will ALWAYS be remembered by TRUE and REAL fans of the sport!

He is and was a legend, just like Chico!
    That is why he should get in Wess. He was involved with Multiple Ring Fights Of the year, and a runner up in many more. I believe more than anyone. Nobody should ever discount that.

It seems the memories of some are too short and the qualifications of those with short memories are misguided.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      That is why he should get in Wess. He was involved with Multiple Ring Fights Of the year, and a runner up in many more. I believe more than anyone. Nobody should ever discount that.
      He should get it! Most these idiots weren’t even watching boxing when Gatti was fighting. These noobs just associate Gatti to Mayweather and by that, they discredit Gatti....

Comment

THIS IS WHY UNTIL NOW Floyd Mayweather is a just a chicken joy. No heart to fight just points to win.

Comment

He didn't have enough good wins to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            In or not, Gatti will ALWAYS be remembered by TRUE and REAL fans of the sport!

He is and was a legend, just like Chico!
            Yeah but Chico Corrales had better wins than Gatti, easily.

Comment

He won 4 fights of the year by Ring Magazine. Had many exciting fights where he was losing and a lesser man would have quit, then he scored the comeback KO. When Ward landed that body shot in the 9th of the first fight, how many fighters would have gotten up, let alone finish the fight and win the last round? The third Ward fight, he broke his hand half way though and continued to use his jab. Not a great resume, I know, but you can only fight who is in your weight class when you are fighting, Gatti was one of the best during his era. He won 2 championships in 2 weight classes and fought many champs. He always gave everything he had and even when defeat was certain, he never gave up. If he doesn't deserve to be remembered with the greatest "fighters", then who does?

Comment

Gatti is a legend in my eyes. "Hall of Famer" for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                  I'd vote no as well. If the HOF was based on giving fans the most exciting fights then yes Gatti would be in it along with Maidana and Emanuel Agustus. But, Gatti was a mediocre fighter and FAR from an all time great. I love Gatti but he doesnt deserve to be in the same class as Robinson, Ali, Leanard, Hagler, Duran. Gatti fought from 130-147. Place him in the ring with any fighter in the HOF that fought in those weight classes and they'd defeat Gatti with EASE.
                  This.

Common now, we all know that the hall of fame for any sport is a gathering of the best of the best. Gatti was not great, was never the best. He has a great story and he had the heart of a champion, but he would get destroyed by the best fighters. For example Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by coolka View Post
                    THIS IS WHY UNTIL NOW Floyd Mayweather is a just a chicken joy. No heart to fight just points to win.
                    And just think, he brutally beat down and stopped the guy you want to put in the hof

Comment

But Sylvester Stallone deserved to be inducted because of Rocky?? GTFOH

Comment

Working...
                      X