No announcement yet.

Rich franklin vs cung le

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Oh yeah, Wanderlei Silva is the only guy Le hasn't beaten so far. Do you think he'd be able to win a rematch with Silva?
    he was dominating that match, but whenever silva came forward le couldnt handle his aggresion
    i think if he sticks and move like franklin did he should win, specially since silva seems more tentative nowadays

Comment

Yep, the beginning of the end of a good career for Frank. He would get TKO'd by Nick Diaz and then retire.

And I take it, Cung Le is the favorite here? I think he'll probably win, who are you guys picking? Or is Cung too busy with his acting and kickboxing careers and too old at 40 to win?
      Hard to say...I posted a video of the young Cung Le but it got deleted...I don't know why. It was a great exhibition of his San Shou skills...but very poor quality video. Hopefully if I link it there won't be a problem with it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r55m...eature=related

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      he was dominating that match, but whenever silva came forward le couldnt handle his aggresion
      i think if he sticks and move like franklin did he should win, specially since silva seems more tentative nowadays
      Le was complaining of punches to the back of the head after it was over...but I think he would have done better if he was in the shape he was in for Cote...maybe that fight taught him a lesson.
      Last edited by jaded; 10-26-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Yep, the beginning of the end of a good career for Frank. He would get TKO'd by Nick Diaz and then retire.

And I take it, Cung Le is the favorite here? I think he'll probably win, who are you guys picking? Or is Cung too busy with his acting and kickboxing careers and too old at 40 to win?
        Cung le is not ufc material in my opinion. He's always had a glass chin thats been offset by his long range fighting style.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          Cung le is not ufc material in my opinion. He's always had a glass chin thats been offset by his long range fighting style.

Undefeated in 1st 12 years MMA and Kickboxing...and only 2 losses since and always had a glass chin? Did you see those shots Shamrock land on him?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Hard to say...I posted a video of the young Cung Le but it got deleted...I don't know why. It was a great exhibition of his San Shou skills...but very poor quality video. Hopefully if I link it there won't be a problem with it.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r55m...eature=related

Le was complaining of punches to the back of the head after it was over...but I think he would have done better if he was in the shape he was in for Cote...maybe that fight taught him a lesson.
            back of the head or not, i dont think le was out, imo franklin was even more hurt and the fight wasnt stopped
            cant wait for le vs franklin, im looking forward to that more than gsp vs condit

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Undefeated in 1st 12 years MMA and Kickboxing...and only 2 losses since and always had a glass chin? Did you see those shots Shamrock land on him?
              yes i saw the shots shamrock landed on him. did you see what he did immediately afterwards??? he backed his ass up to get out of punching range. he didnt wanna be in shamrock's kitchen. Shamrock has never been exactly a home run hitter either. the only 2 fighters he's fought that have been regarded as big punchers have knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                yes i saw the shots shamrock landed on him. did you see what he did immediately afterwards??? he backed his ass up to get out of punching range.
                But if he had a glass jaw...he would have crumbled and been KTFO. If he was able to backed his ass up to get out of punching range...it was because he was able to take those shots and break Shamrock's arm with a kick afterwards...which to me means his jaw wasn't so glassy afterall.

Comment

Cung Le has a glass jaw? GTFO.

should be a good match, I think Franklin has a strong chance of getting the decision if Cung doesn't do enough each round, but I think I'll pick Cung based on superior striking.

definitely a fight im excited about, Franklin rarely disappoints.

Comment

Working...
                  X