Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL at *****s trying to change history.......................face it F@Gweather ducked prime cotto.................

Comment

• after cotto beat judah and mosley, cotto vs mayweather would have been a great great fight. It would have been close because mayweather was not as strong and was not punching as hard as he is today......this fight should have been made.
      I think floyd wins by the way, but great fight

When did thinking mayweather would win equal a excuse for not fighting him????

Peoples logic on here is insane sometimes. I think mayweather messes up everyone not named pacquaio, and martinez......those 2 I have mixed feelings on. But I guess he should not fight then right?
      Last edited by The Future; 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cash cow View Post
        man every fighter beats cotto up....why wouldnt the most accurate boxer do so?....also the history books will show that cotto was never a legit threat. All you have to do is look at cottos opposition since 2007 and how he fared vs them. Cotto has never beat an elite champion who held a belt. He has no defense and retreats when the going gets tough. Slow hand speed and same combinations over and over. Look at what clottey did to him. Landed right hands at will and uppercuts....mayweather would shred cotto......

Who has cotto beat??
        whos has mayweather beat!!!!!!!!!!???? Lets be serious bro... Diego corrales??? Who the f*** has he fought thats an elite fighterr!!!!!!! Lets be serious bro!! Mayweather hasnt fought anybody!! Hatton?? Old shot de la hoya??? Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? Lol ok ok, mosley 2 years after cotto beat him?? Might have been 3.. Cut the bs!!! You tell me who has mayweather fought thats an elite boxer.. The only elite boxer out there right now is pacman and mayweather has a book full of excuses why the fight shouldnt go down... Right now a fight between cotto vs mayweather at 147 should be a good fight and cotto is still a thread to mayweather if the were to fight right now.. Cotto would have owned ortiz, hatton, marquez, de la hoya all these guys mayweather has fought that are so gooooddd right?? Please go fuc*** yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          Do you guys remember wayyyy before Manny Pacquiao was ever considered a legit opponent let alone an actual threat, Cotto, Margarito & Williams were all supposed to be the guys who had what it took to be Mayweathers toughest opponents. We will focus on Miguel Cotto right now. Since 2007 lets see what the MOST Feared and ducked Cotto has done...

Cotto although ko'ing Judah in the 11th round he was getting busted up by the non combination puncher Zab who landed %57 of his POWER SHOTS. Zab busted Cotto up in the process of him getting knocked out. He fought to a draw with Mosley. The fight was so close many thought it was a draw or couldve went either way. Cotto was in full retreat mode at the end as well....

Then Cotto gets beat down and quits vs Margarito who is nothing but a pressure fighter who is slow. Then he gets busted up by the ultra defensive Clottey. We all know the whooping Manny put on him after that.

No way any version of Miguel Cotto from 2007 would've been any match for Mayweather....ALSO REMEMBER COTTO WASNT READY FOR MAYWEATHER IN 2005 WHEN THEY WERE BOTH CHAMPS AT 140 AND BOTH PROMOTED BY TOP RANK. I mean he wasnt ready right? So between 2005 & by the time he fought Mosley in 2007 Paul Malignaggi, Carlos Quintana, Oktay Urkal, & Zab Judah were the preparation he needed to be ready for Mayweather?? Gimme a break....

Since being smashed my Pacquiao, he FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and didnt get a Championship by winning a Vacant title when he defeated the Hard Hitting/1 Legged Yuri Foreman who has an impressive 8 ko's......I appreciate Miguel Cotto and he has had great fights but he has always been just a decent fighter and never was the elite type fighter to impose any kind of legitimate threat to Floyd Mayweather.

His best win is a disputed victory over Shane Mosley who just dropped back down to WW and didnt have a title. It took him 37 fights to FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and even then the caliber of that opponent is c class at best. I respect Cotto for all that he has provided us boxing fans but just because you are a warrior and are tough in no way equates to you having the necessary skill set and smarts to beat Mayweather.

Can we all just put this particular myth to rest?
          You can't put a myth to rest with OPINION buddy, I'm sorry..You just can't.

You should have just talked about how Cotto and Evangelista wanted no part of the fight after Floyd beat the hell out of Bruseles. Floyd was actually asking to fight cotto around this time too. There, Myth Busted.

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            You can't put a myth to rest with OPINION buddy, I'm sorry..You just can't.

You should have just talked about how Cotto and Evangelista wanted no part of the fight after Floyd beat the hell out of Bruseles. Floyd was actually asking to fight cotto around this time too. There, Myth Busted.
            exactly....so how did Mayweather avoid Cotto?
            :*******:

Comment

• [Floyd]I'm not trying to fight no welterweights[/Mayweather] After the Hatton fight, in 2007.

quack quack

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey88 View Post
                whos has mayweather beat!!!!!!!!!!???? Lets be serious bro... Diego corrales??? Who the f*** has he fought thats an elite fighterr!!!!!!! Lets be serious bro!! Mayweather hasnt fought anybody!! Hatton?? Old shot de la hoya??? Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? Lol ok ok, mosley 2 years after cotto beat him?? Might have been 3.. Cut the bs!!! You tell me who has mayweather fought thats an elite boxer.. The only elite boxer out there right now is pacman and mayweather has a book full of excuses why the fight shouldnt go down... Right now a fight between cotto vs mayweather at 147 should be a good fight and cotto is still a thread to mayweather if the were to fight right now.. Cotto would have owned ortiz, hatton, marquez, de la hoya all these guys mayweather has fought that are so gooooddd right?? Please go fuc*** yourself
                We're entering the fourth quarter of 2011. The last time Cotto fought at 147 (or around that) was in November 2009.

Why do people think he can go back to 147? It's beyond comprehension. He can't go back there anymore. It's not like Cotto is a gym rat. He signs to fight, he trains, he comes to fight, he gets paid and that's it. He's a professional when it comes to handling the media, fighting opponents...but he DOES love kicking back and drinking a lot more than most people might be led to believe.

Cotto's my favorite fighter, honestly. But to suggest him coming back down to 147 two years removed from that weight is just bad news.

Am I alone in this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                  Man EVERY Fighter beats Cotto up....why wouldnt the most accurate boxer do so?....Also the history books will show that Cotto was NEVER a legit threat. All you have to do is look at Cottos opposition since 2007 and how he fared vs them. Cotto has never beat an ELITE champion who held a belt. He has no defense and retreats when the going gets tough. Slow hand speed and same combinations over and over. Look at what Clottey did to him. Landed right hands at will and uppercuts....Mayweather would shred Cotto......

WHO HAS COTTO BEAT??
                  They won't listen bro.... They ****in hate Floyd . There is no way in he'll cotto beats Floyd . Cotto is an average fighter that hasn't really beaten anyone. As you stated he ran against Mosley clotted, ****in clotted was all over his ass. And watch he's gonna get beat by margarito again. He just went the ****in distance with Mayorga, whom Oscar crushed... Everyone here likes him because he can take a goddamn beating. Nothing more, nothing less...

Comment

• Nah man... Cotto just lived too damn far. Mayweather like's to fight local talent. He has no time to waste waiting for a 3 hour flight from Puerto Rico. He is to cool for that. Also... Cotto too green in other words... to young and strong. He will fight Cotto when Cotto is no longer close to green.

Comment

• the question posed as the title of the thread and the poll question are two different things. the fact of the matter is, he didn't fight him.

it seems to me that some you don't seem to understand what the **** it is that boxers do exactly.

can't no one tell me with a straight face that hatton, marquez, mosley and even victor ortiz (even at this point) where more of a threat than cotto when floyd fought them.

Comment

Working...
                      X