No announcement yet.

shadowboxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadowboxing

hey i dont know if im the only one but how do you get everyone watching you while you are shadow boxing out of your head? its constantly in my mind

Originally posted by vienneau10210 View Post
    hey i dont know if im the only one but how do you get everyone watching you while you are shadow boxing out of your head? its constantly in my mind
    I had the same problem when i first started, thinking other people were laughing at me if they see me shadowboxing, but now i got more comfortable and actually know what im doing while shadowboxing i dont give a **** anymore.

Comment

When you first start training in a boxing gym you're naturally self conscious because you don't want to look like an amateur or beginner or whatever. My advice: just keep practicing until you're comfortable and eventually forget about everyone else..

Comment

i had the same problem, i sucked so much that people were actually laughing at me. lol but now i got real better so now im pretty comfortable, they don't look nor laugh at me no more

Comment

when i first started i was in a gym were when shadowboxing one could only trow jabs and straights so when i moved to a new gym they criticized me on it and every on looked aat me also just dont let them get to you do your work its only you thats getting better

Comment

make sure you don't shadowbox just to look good though, it's easily done and not useful, make sure you're practising the things you're NOT good at, **** what anyone thinks, you're there to practise.

Comment

^good advice. Just stay with it until you get better and more confident. Your time in the gym is going to constantly test you and overcoming shyness is one of the easiest tests you're going to face.

Comment

just remember that everyone in that gym started out like you did, making mistakes and learning, yes maybe some did faster than others but w.e. remeber aswell if you want them to stop "laughing"(pretending that they are) there going to laugh even more if you quit, so you can practice, get better, assume they're laughing at you and then get better, or quit and let them laugh harder. and lastly if they're laughing at you, who gives a ****. it only effects you if you let them. i remember i was shadow boxing once, doing something completly wrong( my right hand wasnt covering my face when it came back from a straight shot, and i was doing that for about 10 minutes till i realized, i just shrug it off and started doing it right) just remember that its just there thoughts, and can only effect you if you let them

plus if they actually are laughing at you and you know they are that should motivate u to proove them wrong
                Last edited by garadelics; 08-09-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

For most of us in similar types of situations, its probably more in our heads than the reality. Sure everyone checks out the new guy, makes a quick assessment of their skills and unless you are really good, really bad, or doing things that purposely bring attention to yourself, most of the others in the gym will stop thinking about you after a couple of seconds.

The caveat to the rule... you are a female and really hot.

Comment

Working...
                  X