Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taller fighter..he'd have to bend down to get to the body..and the guy had a high guard which would leave Donaire wide open to get countered...plus he isnt much of a body puncher at this point in his career..thats 1 thing he is missing

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
      except donaire landed on omar everytime he went to the body
      He also had the ref telling him to keep his punches up on many of his body punches.

Comment

• 1 - The target is on a 5'3 southpaw. Uncomfortable... Which is why the body shots Donaire did land were borderline shots.

2 - Some fighters just don't feel comfortable going to the body. The Klitschko's... Norton gave Ali a ton of problems in all 3 fights because of his defense (a Philly shell defense that covered his face and ignored his body). Most heavyweights and counterpunchers don't like going to the body because it puts them in the line of fire longer than the head shot.

Comment

• Nonito should only fight Mexicans....the ones with heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
            Just a bad style match up is all. Donaire came to put on a show and the other guy came to survive with a huge check. Moreno is no different to Narvaez as he's also defensive minded southpaw, although taller. Had Donaire fought Moreno as originally planned the fight wouldn't have looked any different IMO.

Donaire seriously needs to move up ASAP.
            TS I disagree with you, Narvaez has world class head movement compare to Chemito's style, with that said, that fight would not even last the whole 12 rounds. If the fights happens, i'll put all my points that Donaire KO's him, you guys are giving Chemito too much credit.

Comment

• His opponent was way too cagey to criticise Nonito. I think against Gamboa, who is more offensive, we will see a great fight. Nonito throws brilliant counters when his opponent opens up.

Plus gamboa is very open when he attacks. Nonito could really make him pay. But we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
                No credit for fighting scared. Period.
                It's not like he tried to fight then retreated when unsuccessful.
                He was on his shell the entire fight.
                After Donaire tagged him a few times early, afterwards Narvaez covers even on feints. Pathetic, and everyone else's who applauds a fighting loser.
                There's nothing qrong with "covering on feints". In fact it's required. Do you know anything about boxing?? A proper feint is an indication that a boxer is going to throw. That he doesn't, and sees tat you react is why it's called a feint. Naervez was doind what any good boxer would do, not trusting that it was only a feint and not an incoming punch. He had the fight under control as far as I could see, with Donaire punchin air or gloves with about 90% of his punches.

Donaire was also pretty well marked up, whilst Naervez was unmarked. How do you explain THAT????

Comment

• I've seen donaire look A LOT worse. He's always been overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    TS I disagree with you, Narvaez has world class head movement compare to Chemito's style, with that said, that fight would not even last the whole 12 rounds. If the fights happens, i'll put all my points that Donaire KO's him, you guys are giving Chemito too much credit.
                    and you aren't giving him enough.

Comment

• I'm a Donaire fan & I still say props to the little guy. 25-1 underdog, smaller, weaker & slower. It was good to see him exhibit his defense. He lost almost every second of the fight but he made it. I don't blame him for fighting how he did, I'm also not mad because Donaire did not get the ko. Donaire found his way to win, the little guy made him work. Just like the old saying in boxing, win today look good tommarow.

Comment

Working...
                      X