Comments Thread For: Roach: Networks Must Push For Mayweather-Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    By Dana Alyssa Ramos | September 25, 2014 12:46 PM EST

The former strength and conditioning trainer of Manny Pacquiao, Alex Ariza revealed that the Top Rank executive, Bob Arum has a hidden agenda to keep the most anticipated Mayweather vs. Pacquiao from happening. Ariza blamed Arum for the repeated failed negotiations of the two parties to make the mega-fight happen.

Ariza fearlessly criticised Arum and his hidden agenda to keep the Filipino boxer from fighting the undefeated American boxer, in an interview with Fight Hype.

"The fight is not happening because of Bob Arum," Ariza claimed. "Don't get me wrong: Manny truly wants to fight Floyd, and I know Floyd wants to fight Manny, but they know that's never gonna happen," he said.

The strength and conditioning coach hinted that Arum kept the idea of the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight from the Filipino fighter, every time the 35-year-old boxer asks about the bout. He also claimed that it has always been the agenda of Arum to make sure that Manny does not fight Floyd.

Ariza went on to say that when Manny starts to ask questions about his taxes or why he is not making as much money as the American boxer, Arum will answer and falsely reassure him that he will get him the Floyd fight. He believes that as long as Arum is involved, the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao will not happen.

Moreover, from what Ariza is saying, Mayweather will not fight Pacquiao for the remainder of his career as it is also unlikely for him to wait for Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank to expire.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/56754...genda-make.htm
    I remember how everyone used to say ariza is just a strength and conditioning coach. Now people is posting stuff like this from ariza. I guess Alex is a special strength and conditioning coach who knows all the inside details on bob arum and what goes on between conversations with arum and manny lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Let's discuss this in Dec./Jan.? There is nothing to discuss, Floyd saying Pac needs to leave his promoter and join Mayweather promotions, and Floyd saying Showtime must be the exclusive network to carry the fight is not negotiating in good faith... it's exposing himself as not having any intention of making the fight...demanding things that are not possible = ducking a fight..it's on page on of the how to duck a fight manual
      U mean like Pac and Top Rank have made other fighters like Mosley, etc do. So its ok for them, but when Mayweather does it, its a way to add roadblocks....makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by luisivich View Post
        pacquiao knows all about it. freddie knows all about it. thats why they sent koncz to mayweathers gym to say that arum is out of the negotiation(look at my avatar). unfortunately floyd is not thinking about boxing at that time. what IF floyd showed some interest. floyd+pac>arum.
        By Oliver Suarez, Contributor Oct 16, 2009

Michael "The Leech" Koncz Gets Kayoed by Alex Ariza

Mr. Koncz has been nothing but a distraction, which makes most boxing fans wonder why he is still part of team Pacquiao. He is nothing but an ambitious gopher who wants nothing but to be Manny Pacquiao's right hand man. Earlier this year, he even downplayed Freddie Roach's role on the team and basically alluded that the latter is expendable.

Are you kidding me? Freddie Roach is probably the person who is most responsible for Pacquiao's success.

But what I find most bothersome Pacquiao's lack of reaction to all the distractions that Koncz continues to create. It was basically a slap in the face on Coach Roach when he didn't come out publicly to defend him against Koncz's comments. In the article of Ronnie Nathanielz, it was noted that Pacquiao had no reaction to the incident between Ariza and Koncz.

I am becoming more convinced that there is more than meets the eye. There is definitely something that is hindering Pacquiao to take action in regards to Koncz. Does he know certain information about the Pound for Pound King that Pacquiao cannot afford to let him go?

There are even talks within the boxing world that Koncz has the backing of Bob Arum. Whatever it is, Manny will need to take action sooner or later.

Sure, Koncz is loyal to you, but that will only last as long as you have the money. He is a leech who will leave you when he's gotten everything that he needs and latch on to the next victim. His only loyalty is to himself and the color green.

As a boxing and Pacquiao fan, I hope the day don't come, where all the people that genuinely cared for Manny and helped him reach the pinnacle of success will be gone because of Koncz.

It may seem manageable for now but Koncz is like an infection. It starts small but can cause death if proper action is not taken. Manny it is time for you to get rid of Koncz or he may eventually be the cause of your downfall.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-by-alex-ariza

Comment

pacquiao knows all about it. freddie knows all about it. thats why they sent koncz to mayweathers gym to say that arum is out of the negotiation(look at my avatar). unfortunately floyd is not thinking about boxing at that time. what IF floyd showed some interest. floyd+pac>arum.
          Manny Pacquiao’s former strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza says that it was Pacquiao who dropped the ball in the attempted negotiations between him and Floyd Mayweather Jr in the past. Ariza says that when Mayweather was talking to Pacquiao and offering him $40 million, Pacquiao gave the phone to his adviser Michael Koncz instead of staying on the phone with Mayweather to talk over the fight.

You have to wonder why Pacquiao turned down the money offer by Mayweather, because Pacquiao was going to get a cut of the pay-per-view revenue and not just a $40 million payment from Mayweather, according to Ariza. By passing the photo off to Koncz, Pacquiao killed any chances of a fight taking place between him and Mayweather. “As long as Bob Arum (Top Rank Promoter) is involved, the fight won’t happen,” Ariza said.

http://www.*************.com/boxing-...er-talks/8632/

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            I remember how everyone used to say ariza is just a strength and conditioning coach. Now people is posting stuff like this from ariza. I guess Alex is a special strength and conditioning coach who knows all the inside details on bob arum and what goes on between conversations with arum and manny lol.
            I remember telling someone that Ariza was dirty, and he should not have been in the corner in round 11 of Broner vs. Maidana. That's when Ariza suspiciously placed a towel over Maidana's face. That person said to me "So what...show me where it's in the rules that the S&C coach can't be in the corner!" Ariza is "shady," Floyd should've never hired him (which now makes Floyd shady too), but it doesn't mean he doesn't know what went on during negotiations. That's the problem with Ariza, he knows and does too much, just for a S&C coach.

Comment

October 15, 2009

Adviser Michael Koncz has been stirring the pot in the camp of Manny Pacquiao to an excessive degree lately, feuding with trainer Freddie Roach and earning the ire of Pacquiao fans the world over, but now it looks like he went too far. Ronnie Nathanielsz reports that Koncz was beaten up by Pacquiao's conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, after another attempt to pull a power play from the people actually involved with getting Manny ready.

"The trouble exploded when conditioning expert Alex Ariza reportedly learned that Koncz had consistently attempted to get him fired by Pacquiao despite the fact that by all accounts Ariza has helped turn the Filipino boxing icon into an explosive fighter ever since he teamed up with celebrated trainer Freddie Roach."

"BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports learned that Koncz had allegedly tried to have Ariza removed from working the corner of Pacquiao for the Cotto fight and wanted to take his place.

"After Pacquiao himself in a meeting about fight credentials with Joe Ramos had listed Roach and Ariza as well as Filipino trainer Buboy Fernandez as his corner-men, Koncz was alleged to have gone to Roach and told him that Pacquiao didn’t want Ariza in his corner and wanted him instead.

"Our source who was in Baguio City told us that when Ariza learned about the moves of Koncz who had earlier even wanted Roach replaced, he confronted the Canadian adviser and beat him up before a bodyguard jumped in and subdued Ariza preventing him from inflicting further harm on Koncz who reportedly received at least five blows thrown by the conditioning guru who is known to be strong.

"By all accounts when Pacquiao woke up and learned about the incident, he had no reaction."

This almost feels overdue. It seems obvious to the people near Pacquiao, such as Roach and Ariza, that the guy is a scumbag, and it seems pretty clear from the outside looking in that the guy's completely out for himself and nothing more. He clearly knows nothing about boxing, about what Pacquiao needs as a fighter, or about what he should be doing as an adviser to the world's most popular fighter.

And they can keep saying that the camp is going great, but unless Manny seriously has the patience of a saint, he's not going to be 100% focused on Miguel Cotto and the job at hand with all this squabbling going on.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/10/1...p-by-pacquiaos

Comment

This fight should have happened years ago, at this point really who cares.
                Pac doesnt fight with the same ferocity, and Floyd is just there to get payed and keep his 0. Does anyone really think this fight would be exciting? Hed be on his legs all night, holding when pac gets close, same recipe as last time.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlikeme View Post
                  not according to the writers and historians.
                  i've seen a thousand varying themes such as these,not worth the paper they're printed on.its all opinion,and opinions vastly vary.{that's my opinion!]

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Well you do not understand what is going on then , if people cut all the BS and just keep actively calling for the fight we might just get what we want , all these years and Manny has never actively called him out HIMSELF , always its up to my promoter , what does that tell you , it tells me alongside of the running away from a 50/50 offer over Ped testing and then turning down a 40 million purse with Floyd phoning him directly that Manny did not want the fight , now he wants to cash in so comes out from under Bobs skirt , wtf , these idiot fanboys in here are over run with hate and they can see nothing .

Floyd probably wont do anything until after Manny fights in Nov , he is the quite one and has for the last few years its fanboys screaming and jumping up and down asking and answering their own questions , its called hate panic syndrome , just cool it and see what transpires , Manny himself needs to push for this fight and it will happen .
                    HE HAS CALLED HIM OUT,{I DON'T KNOW WHY I BOTHER}

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      And countered with an offer of $50 mil guaranteed for both fighters and 55% of the backend going to the winner. He even sent Koncz to personally negotiate directly with Floyd and his people. Floyd went silent and ran off to sign the fight with Cotto.

If Floyd sticks with his it can only be on Showtime and TMT has to be the promoter despite them having an incompetent CEO... then you know it's just more of the same from the money man.
                      Never mind that there have never been reports of what you're saying anywhere, how can he counter with an offer on a guarantee when Pac doesn't pay anybodies guarantee?

Also According to Bob Pac has a cut that would take 6 months to heal, so he couldn't take a fight before Mayweather went to jail, so how did he run off silently to fight Cotto? Sound like some BS to me

Comment

Working...
                      X