No announcement yet.

I think it's time to hang up the gloves =(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karategan View Post
    I don't think I can cut down to 152 lbs without being damn weak. I'm tiny enough at 5'7" where some people much taller than me are still bigger/buffer. Here's me right now at 167 lbs.

I smell bull****

unless you have some treetrunk legs there's no way you are 12 stone at 5'7 in that pic

Comment

your style may be more suited for the pro game. maybe. now here is the problem. you said. you can't handle being short. amateur scoring is crappy. well guess what brother. stop making excuses. you can't reinvent the wheel. get your ass back in there and do not quit. look around for a trainer who can teach you ****. being shorter can be a plus sometimes. joe frazier was a short fighter and he weighed more than you. so was the rock marciano guy. hardrock green, aaron pryor, boom boom mancioni etc. all champions. do you get it. if a woman is taller than you and you want her do you quit because you are short ? do you not step on the basketball court, wrestle, apply for a job because you are short ? no you don't ! don't quit on us bro. keep improving and up the conditioning and knowlledge of the game. angles, bodyshots, distance. come the F on you can do it. do not quit. be a small giant in there. PROVE YOURSELF WRONG. you are only fighting against you.

Comment

What city are you in? Where do you train? Are you a novice or open class division boxer? My guess is your methods are weak and you don't have multiple ways of attacking. Height is subjective and plusses can become negatives in an instant!
        Are you fast on your feet? Because your shorter doesn't mean your slower! If you work hard at understanding distance and learn how to evaluate your opponents steps and his balance you can break his movements down to gain a huge advantage! Theres alot of techniques to use against taller fighters! 'Ray.

Comment

You just need to adapt your style , you need to start throwing more faints and don't go forward in a straight lines add more head movement ect.. And also you could defantly lose a few k's

Comment

I'm 5'8 1/2" 191lbs... At 165 Id be as ripped as pacquiao.

People have different size frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I smell bull****

unless you have some treetrunk legs there's no way you are 12 stone at 5'7 in that pic
              Doesn't really seem like there's any reason for him to lie about it.

Comment

you body type, lots of fat to cut, you can make it down to 147

Comment

what is your reach?

being short is not that big of a problem if you have a good reach

Comment

Originally posted by karategan View Post
                    I don't think I can cut down to 152 lbs without being damn weak. I'm tiny enough at 5'7" where some people much taller than me are still bigger/buffer. Here's me right now at 167 lbs.

Judging from this picture you look too small to fight at 165 bro, drop a division.

Comment

Working...
                    X